Google Maps has lots of features, many of which users are not aware of like adding multiple destinations on Google Maps. Another feature of Google Map is sharing trip progress. This feature provides live location tracking which can help you out in many situations like when you want to notify your friend about your exact location & movement and at what time you will arrive. So in this article, I will tell you how to share trip progress using Google Maps.
Sharing trip progress feature of Google Maps can help you in suspicious situations like when you are moving alone & not feeling safe. In such case, it’s good to use Google Map feature and share your ride progress with family persons and other multiple contacts at once.
Share trip progress using Google Maps
Before starts sharing your ride progress on Google Maps with your contacts, make sure your app is updated because this is a new feature released by Google.
1) Open Google Maps on your device.
2) Next, select your destination and start the trip.
3) As soon as you initiate the trip, at the bottom right, you will see an up arrow. Tap on the arrow, a list of options will pop-up.
4) The first option itself will be Share trip progress. Tap on it to view all your contacts with whom you can share your ride progress.
5) Choose the contact; you can select multiple contacts to share your ride with them at once and tap on share button.
The above step will share your location with the selected contact. At the bottom, you will see a message that your contact can see your location until you arrive.
How the Other Contact can see your Shared Location
Below are the steps for the person whom you have shared your location. Here is how he/she can view your shared trip progress.
1) Open Google Maps.
2) Tap on the hamburger icon at top left.
3) Next, tap on share location. It will open a new screen as shown below. This screen will show the contacts who have shared the trip or location, as shown in the picture.
4) Tap on the contact to view his/her trip progress. You will be able to see all the trip details like what is the current location, where is the destination and how much time it will take the person to reach the destination.
5) Also, the contact with whom you have shared your location can also share his location directly by just enabling the toggle button at the bottom as shown in the picture.
Also, have a look at the video to share your ride progress:
I hope you were easily able to share trip progress using Google Maps. If you are not getting the option to share your trip progress, then make sure your app is updated.