As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you know that the pictures uploaded on Instagram profile are not shown in the original size? Yes, the pixels of the photos are reduced! That said, there’s a way to view full-size Instagram photos which we have outlined in this article. Apart from that, if you are looking to view someone’s Instagram full-size profile picture then we got you covered as well. You can achieve that online from your PC, Mac, Android, iOS browser or using apps.
The images you see in your news feed or on your or someone else’s profile are resized. So, here we are with a method that will help you to view anyone’s full-size Instagram photos which are otherwise scaled down.
You can use the links below to easily navigate to desired sections in the article.
- View Full Size Instagram Post Photos
- See Instagram Profile Picture In Full Size
- Download Instagram Profile Picture In Full Size On Android
- View Insta DP In Full Size On iPhone
Don’t Miss: How To Save Someone’s Instagram Stories & Live
View Full Size Instagram Post Photos (Step-By-Step Video)
Watch our how-to video to view (and download) the uploaded photos in original size on Instagram:
Or follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the Instagram website from any browser. Log in using your credentials if not done already.
2. Now, go the profile of the user whose picture you want to see in full size. Click on the desired photo.
Note: You won’t be able to click on a photo from the news feed. So, make sure you are on the profile page.
3. After clicking on the photo, you need to append media/?size=l in the URL.
For instance, if the original URL is –
then it will become –
Notice the bold part in the changed URL.
4. After modifying the URL hit Enter.
Woah! You will be redirected to the full-size version of the image. Apart from this, you can also view the medium size and thumbnail version of the photo as well.
In order to view medium or thumbnail version use media/?size=m and media/?size=t respectively at the end of the URL. Here m stands for Medium and t stands for the thumbnail of course.
If you wish you can also save the picture by right clicking and selecting Save Image As…
This was all about viewing anyone’s full-size photos on Instagram. As the above method will only allow you to see photos uploaded as posts in original size so now, let’s get to profile pictures.
See Instagram Profile Picture In Full Size
You cannot view someone’s profile picture in full size on Instagram. You can only see the cropped circular version. However, this is going to change for you after you go through the methods below. Not only view but you can also download the large-sized profile picture if desired.
Here are different methods depending on the device you wish to use.
PC/Mac Or Smartphone Browser
If you don’t want to install an additional app on your phone or wish to use a computer then go for this method.
1. Open the Instagram website on your device web browser. We will be using the Chrome browser for this guide.
There is no requirement to log into Instagram in order to view anyone’s profile picture. But you can if you want to. Moreover, if you already know the username of the person then you can skip the 2nd step and proceed with the 3rd one.
2. Navigate to the desired Instagram profile either by using their post on your news feed or by searching their name. From their profile, get/copy their username.
3. Once you have the username of the desired Instagram user go to the Instagram Profile Picture Downloader on Thumbtube.com.
4. On the tool’s website, type or paste the username of the person whose profile photo you wish to view/save that you got above in step 2 in the ‘Enter Instagram Username‘ text box and click Submit.
5. The tool will fetch the profile picture in high resolution from the username and show it to you in a couple of seconds. After that, you will have options to View and Download the Instagram profile picture in Full size.
Similarly, you can enter usernames of other desired profiles to view their original large size profile picture. The tool works perfectly for all the accounts – private included, whether you follow them or not.
Note: If you don’t get the profile picture then it was originally uploaded in low resolution(small size). In other terms, it simply means that the user has not uploaded a larger size image.
Don’t Miss: How To Download IGTV Videos From Instagram
1. Get the Instagram username of the desired person and download Instant DP (Full HD) available on Google Play Store.
2. On opening the app you will see an input box to enter the Instagram username. Enter the username and tap on the search icon.
3. It will take a few seconds to fetch the users matching that username. Wait for it and select the desired person when it shows the related users.
4. To view the profile picture in full-size, tap on the profile picture thumbnail. In order to save it, you can use the download icon at the bottom right. Doing this will download the profile picture in the gallery inside its own album.
This app also shows you your search history which you can delete if you wish.
Don’t Miss: How To Find Instagram User ID From Username
The procedure is the same as the Android app mentioned above and does not require any login.
iPhone/iPad users can download Qeek for Instagram app to view the full-size profile picture. After the app is installed open it and type the username of the desired Instagram user whose profile picture you want to see and download. A drop-down list will appear, select the desired person.
After that, simply tap on the fetched profile photo or tap on Fullscreen.
This will show you the profile picture in high resolution. Thereafter you can even zoom the profile picture by up to 800%. The app doesn’t have any inbuilt download option but you can always open the profile picture in full size and take the screenshot.
It is also possible to visit the profile of Instagram user right from inside the app.
Love using Instagram then you’ll also love these articles.
- How To Add Temperature Sticker In Instagram Story
- 16 Cool Instagram Tips and Tricks
- How To Hide And Unhide Tagged Photos/Videos On Instagram
- How To Remove Your Profile Link From Someone’s Instagram Bio
These were several ways to view Instagram full-size photos – the size in which they were actually uploaded to Instagram. Be it normal posts or profile picture you can use them to satisfy your needs. On top of that, you have the luxury to do so on any device – Android, iPhone PC or Mac.
Do share it with your friends and help them to view original size photos too. If you face any issues then feel free to drop a line in the comments below.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.