If you want to know how to reset Instagram Explore feed, you can adjust what you see on your Explore page. You can do this by selecting unwanted posts and choosing Not interested. This will improve the algorithm over time and show you more of what you want to see.
Does your Instagram Explore page show you posts that you’re genuinely not interested in anymore? While the Instagram algorithm does show us posts that we might be interested in, it doesn’t always get it right, and well, interests change.
Personally, I have several Instagram accounts to curate my explore page but that isn’t a foolproof method. That’s why I learned how to reset Instagram Explore page and I’m going to show you how.
- 1 4 Ways To Reset Instagram Explore Page
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Reset Instagram Explore Page – Final Thoughts
4 Ways To Reset Instagram Explore Page
According to Sprout Social, a leading company in social media management, the Instagram Explore page is a collection of content based on your individual interests. You can find a lot of great posts or accounts on the Instagram Explore page but sometimes your Explore page shows you things you either aren’t interested in or you’re no longer interested in.
When this happens, you can reset the Instagram Explore page so you can see more of the content you want to see.
In this article, I’ll show you how to reset and change your Instagram Explore page on Android and iPhone. This will involve clearing your Instagram search history, clearing the cache for Instagram on iPhone and Android as well as removing unwanted posts from your Instagram Explore page.
Clear Instagram Search History
A great way to reset your Instagram Explore page is to clear search history. According to the Instagram Help Center, posts on your Explore feed are affected by what you search for as well as what you like and interact with on the app.
When you clear your search history, it removes an element from the algorithm which allows you to reset your Explore page. I do it from time to time to keep my recent search history clear, it working to reset my Explore page is just an added bonus.
It will take you about 4 minutes.
Here’s how to reset your Instagram Explore page by clearing search history.
- In the Instagram app, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your Instagram profile.
- On your Instagram profile, tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap Your Activity.
- Here you’ll see all of your Instagram activity in one place. Tap Recent searches to see view your search history.
- On the page which displays your recent searches, tap Clear All in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up menu, tap Clear All again to confirm your action.
- Now you’ve successfully cleared your Instagram recent searches which will help reset your Explore page.
Here’s a video demonstration of how to clear your Instagram search history:
Clear Instagram Cache On Android To Reset Explore Page
Resetting your Instagram Explore page doesn’t only have to take place in the Instagram app itself. I have found other ways not mentioned in the Instagram Help Center to reset the Explore feed. One such way is to clear cache on the device you’re using.
If you’re wondering how this works, it’s because according to Avast, a leading antivirus company, cache data is temporary data stored on your device that allows the app to load faster and respond to your interactions better. In the case of Instagram cache, this temporary data affects what you see on your Explore page.
Here’s how to clear Instagram cache and reset your Explore feed :
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- In the Settings menu, tap Apps to view all the installed apps on your device.
- Scroll until you see the Instagram app and tap it.
- Next, tap Storage to view how much space Instagram is occupying on your phone. As you can see, mine takes up a fair amount of space.
- You’ll see a breakdown of the space being occupied which includes the app itself as well as the cache data. Select clear cache to delete Instagram cache.
- There you have it, you’ve just cleared the Instagram cache on your Android device. This will help to reset Instagram’s Explore page.
Here’s a video showing you how to clear Instagram cache on Android:
Clear Instagram Cache On iPhone
Unlike Android, you can’t clear cache without uninstalling the app on your iPhone.When you delete the app and reinstall it, you completely clear the cache and this helps to reset the Explore section.
Here’s how it’s done
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Afterward, tap General to view your iPhone’s general settings.
- In the general settings menu, tap iPhone Storage.
- Here, you’ll be able to see how your storage is being used. Scroll down tap on Instagram.
As you can see, similar to my Android, Instagram takes up a fair amount of space on my iPhone too.
- Next, tap on Delete App at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Delete App again when it pops up to confirm your action.
- Once you’ve removed the app, open the App Store.
- In the App Store, tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom right corner to be able to search for apps.
- In the search bar at the top, search for Instagram.
- Lastly, redownload Instagram and resume using it.
Here’s a video showing you how to clear Instagram cache on iPhone:
Retrain The Algorithm
After you’ve reset the Explore page, you can customize it by retraining the Instagram algorithm. According to Later, a leading social media marketing company, the Instagram algorithm refers to multiple algorithms, classifiers, and processes that work together to provide you with a highly personalized experience.
Retraining the Instagram algorithm is how you change your Instagram Explore page. I’m going to show you how retraining the algorithm will change Instagram’s Explore feed over time. This method is applicable on both Android and iPhone.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom to go to the Explore page.
- Next, tap on a post on your Explore page that you’re no longer interested in.
- With the post open, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the popup menu, tap Not Interested.
- As you’ll see, the post will be removed from your Explore page and the Algorithm will stop recommending posts like it.
Repeat this method over time to change your Explore feed.
Here’s a video showing you how to retrain the Instagram algorithm to change your Explore feed:
Why did my Instagram explore suddenly change?
Your Instagram Explore suddenly changed most likely due to a bug or glitch with the Instagram app. This happens from time to time and you can remedy it by either logging out or restarting or updating the Instagram app. You can also delete and redownload the app.
Can you reset your explore page on Instagram?
You can reset your Explore page on Instagram. There are several ways to do it such as deleting your search history on Instagram. Another option is to completely delete your cache for the Instagram app on your device. This coupled with a clear history will help to reset Explore page.
Reset Instagram Explore Page – Final Thoughts
What’d you think of this article on how to reset Instagram explore page?
Our interests change as we change and sometimes our social media feed doesn’t reflect that. Being able to reset Instagram Explore page can help you find new content and posts that you’d be interested in and get rid of unwanted posts.
As you saw, there are multiple ways to do it and each process is quite simple. You can clear search history as well as delete the cache for Instagram. This will help to reset the Explore page and you change it by marking unwanted posts as Not Interested. This will help change your Explore page and show you more of what you want and less of what you don’t.
If you’ve got any more problems with Instagram such as you can’t refresh your Instagram feed, read this guide to find 10 possible solutions.
Be sure to leave any questions you have in the comments below and don’t forget to share this article with your friends, family, and followers.