Are you curious to know if you can install a spy app on your partner’s/spouse’s iPhone? Perhaps you suspect they’re cheating on you and want to get evidence with a spy app, or you just want to stay on top of their online activities.
Whatever the case, I understand your quest to monitor your partner’s/spouse’s device using a spy app. I have also received similar questions from a lot of people about whether spy apps can be installed on iPhones. So, you’re not alone.
I have done some digging on the subject, and in this guide, I will provide answers to your question and share other important information about monitoring your partner’s/spouse’s iOS device with spy software. Stay put and read through.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 The Verdict: Can You Install A Spy App On An iPhone?
- 3 Understanding Apple’s Policy On Spy Apps
- 4 Using Parental Control Apps For Spousal Monitoring
- 5 What I Do Not Recommend: Jailbreaking Your Partner’s iPhone
- 6 Comparison Table For Parental Control Apps You Can Install On iPhones
- 7 Find Out What Your Spouse Is Up To On Their iPhone
- 8 About The Authors
- Apple has strict privacy policies that make it impossible to install most generic spy apps.
- You can install a spy app that goes against Apple’s privacy policies on a jailbroken iPhone.
- You can install a parental control app, such as mSpy or EyeZy, on your partner’s/spouse’s cell phone and use it as spy software to monitor their online activities without jailbreaking the device.
- It is unethical/illegal to spy on an adult without their consent.
The Verdict: Can You Install A Spy App On An iPhone?
Yes, you can install a generic spy app on an iPhone. However, you may have to jailbreak the device to do that. In other words, you can only install a generic spy app on a jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, it is not possible to install spy apps on iPhones through a legal download via the Apple app store.
But you can install a parental control app that also functions as a spy app on an iPhone without jailbreaking the device. I’ll explain the difference between generic spy apps and parental control apps based on Apple’s policies later in the article. Keep reading.
Understanding Apple’s Policy On Spy Apps
Also, you should understand that Apple has quite a sophisticated mobile security framework. As such, jailbreaking your partner’s/spouse’s device to install a spy app could disrupt the device’s functionality and make it susceptible to other malicious attacks.
Using Parental Control Apps For Spousal Monitoring
Since Apple has strict policies on generic spy apps, I’d recommend you use a parental control app rather than a spy app to keep tabs on your spouse/partner. You can legally install a parental control app without jailbreaking the target iPhone.
The primary intent of parental control apps is to track the online activities of underaged children so they are not considered harmful or unethical by Apple. Examples of such parental control apps are the mSpy and EyeZy apps.
However, I need you to understand that spying on an adult without their consent is illegal/unethical and could be punishable by law, depending on where you live. Your spouse/partner could file a lawsuit against you if they find out you’re spying on them. That being said, below are more details about the apps I mentioned above.
mSpy is a paid app that allows you to see your partner’s call logs and messages, access media files, track the target phone’s real-time location, and monitor its social media applications. You can also put it in stealth mode on your partner’s/spouse’s phone.
The monthly plan is $48.99/month, the quarterly plan is $27.99/month, and the annual plan is $11.66/month. It currently has a rating of 3.5/5 on the Apple app store and 3.8 on Trustpilot, a leading third-party app review platform. To learn more about this tool, check out our comprehensive mSpy review.
How To Install mSpy On iPhone
- Get a mSpy subscription and log into your account via the website.
- Tap “Add a new device” and follow the on-screen instructions afterward.
- Then, go to the Apple app store on your partner’s non-jailbroken device.
- Search for mSpy and click “Get.”
If two-factor authentication is enabled, you’d need to input their Apple ID details to enable download.
- Afterward, go back to your control panel to monitor your spouse/partner from there.
EyeZy is one of the best mSpy alternatives due to its wide range of features. As the name suggests, it lets you get a quick bird’s eye view of everything happening on your spouse’s/partner’s cell phone, including their social media chats, call logs, SMS text messages, and web history.
You can also hide it on the target cell phone to avoid detection. I discovered that EyeZy offers three pricing tiers for iOS devices — $68.56 for one month, $39.98 per month for three months, and $14.27 per month for one year.
It is compatible with iOS devices running on iOS 7.0 and above and has a 3.8/5 on the Apple App Store. It is also rated 4.1/5 on Trustpilot. You can also read our EyeZy review to learn more about its features.
How To Install EyeZy On iPhone
- Pay for your preferred plan.
- Go back to EyeZy’s website and input your login information.
- Select the preferred language for your dashboard and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Then, go to the Apple app store on your spouse’s/partner’s non-jailbroken iPhone.
- Search for EyeZy and tap “Get.”
If two-factor authentication is enabled, you’ll need to input their Apple ID details to enable download.
- Return to your control panel and start monitoring your spouse/partner.
What I Do Not Recommend: Jailbreaking Your Partner’s iPhone
I discovered that jailbreaking an iPhone renders the phone’s warranty void and exposes it to numerous security vulnerabilities. It also affects the device’s functionality and battery life.
When your partner notices these issues with their device, they may become suspicious, take their phone to an expert, and may discover the spy app you installed. This can cause more havoc in your relationship/marriage. So, I highly advise against jailbreaking the target phone to install a spy app.
Comparison Table For Parental Control Apps You Can Install On iPhones
Here’s a breakdown of the features of mSpy and EyeZy to help you make a pick.
|1. Real-time SMS monitoring
2. GPS tracking
3. Stealth mode
4. Call monitoring
5. Social media tracking
|14 days after purchase if the request aligns with their Refund Policy
|The monthly plan is $48.99/month, the quarterly plan is $27.99/month, and the annual plan is $11.66/month
|1. SMS and social media tracking
2. Stealth mode
3. Location tracking
4. Multimedia access
|14 days after purchase if the request aligns with their Refund Policy
|$68.56 for one month, $39.98 per month for three months, and $14.27 per month for one year
Find Out What Your Spouse Is Up To On Their iPhone
While it is impossible to use generic spy apps on iPhones, the parental control apps I discussed above, mSpy and EyeZy, can help you find out what your spouse is up to on their cell phone. But if you find evidence that they’re cheating on you, I advise you to not make hasty decisions.
- Talk to a therapist, trusted friend, or family member.
- Speak to your partner to hear what they have to say.
I hope you found this guide helpful. Leave your thoughts and questions in the comment section, and share this article with others.