If you are looking to erase data on iPhone there are quite a few ways to do it, one of them being from iCloud. Still wondering about how do I use iCloud to erase data on my iPhone? This article will let you know the exact procedure about how to use iCloud to erase data on iPhone.
Erase Data on iPhone
iPhone content and settings can be wiped off with the help of many ways like iTunes and from your Settings on your iPhone as well. However, here we will let you know about how to use iCloud to erase data on iPhone.
Erase Data on iPhone – How do I use iCloud to do so ?
In order to wipe off data on iPhone from iCloud you need to install Find My iPhone application on your iPhone. After installing login to Find My iPhone using your Apple id and password. Enable location services if disabled in your Settings. You can enable location services by navigating to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Toggle to On.
Once you login to Find My iPhone Application it will detect your current location.
Now comes the part where you will have to use iCloud. Follow the steps given below to erase data usind iCloud Find My iPhone Application :
- Visit iCloud and login with your Apple ID and password.
- Once you login select iCloud Find My iPhone application visible on the main screen.
- It will ask for password. Enter your password again and Sign In.
- On Top Center you will see All Devices . Click on that and select your iPhone from drop down list.
- On selecting your device a window will appear on extreme right as shown below :
- Select Erase iPhone from the options available and Confirm by Clicking on Erase.
Your iPhone will start formatting and all the data and settings will be wiped off.
Note: Your iPhone needs to be connected to internet for the erasing to start. Also, this method will work only if you are logged into Find My iPhone application on your iPhone and location services are enabled on your iPhone.
We wish that you were able to erase data on iPhone using iCloud Find My iPhone application. If you are facing any problems while erasing data on your iPhone from iCloud let us know via comments.