Have you blocked someone on Instagram because they blocked you first? Or, have you seen an unsavory post/comment on an account and want to make sure you never see another from them?
The reasons for blocking someone on Instagram can be anything. And sometimes, after a while, you might want to unblock that account, but you’re not sure how.
Here’s how to unblock someone on Instagram in three easy ways.
- 1 3 Easy Ways To Unblock Someone On Instagram
- 2 Unblock Someone on Instagram Video
- 3 Blocked Each Other On Instagram? Here’s How To Unblock (Video)
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Now You Know How To Unblock Someone On Instagram
3 Easy Ways To Unblock Someone On Instagram
Using The Search Bar On The Instagram App
If you know the username of the person you want to unblock, it’s a quick and easy process. You can have it done in minutes.
Here’s how to unblock someone by using the search bar on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the search icon at the bottom of your screen to go to the explore page.
- Type the username of the account you want to unblock and select it from the search results.
- Once you’re on the profile, you’ll see an Unblock Button, tap that to unblock the account.
- Instagram will show you a message letting you know the user won’t know you’ve unblocked them, but they can now interact with your account. There will also be another “unblock” option to confirm that the unblocking. Tap it to successfully unblock the account.
- Now you’ve unsuccessfully unblocked the account. You’ll also see the following message as confirmation.
Using Your Instagram Profile Settings
If you want to unblock someone on Instagram but don’t remember their username to use the search option, or they’ve changed their username, then you’re probably wondering how you can unblock someone on Instagram.
The answer is to use your profile settings to unblock them. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your device and tap the small icon with your profile picture at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to go to your profile.
- Once you’re on your profile, tap the hamburger icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen to bring up more options.
- From the pop-up menu, tap the Settings option to access your account’s settings menu.
- After you’ve accessed your account’s settings, select Privacy to access your Instagram’s privacy settings.
- From the Privacy menu options, select Blocked Accounts to view all the accounts you’ve blocked on Instagram.
- Now you’ll see all the accounts you’ve blocked on Instagram. If you’re planning to unblock all of them, there is no mass unblock option, so you’ll have to do it one by one. However, if you only wish to unblock one account, tap the unblock button next to that account to unblock them.
- Once you’ve selected the unblock option, Instagram will notify you about the privileges that the unblocked account now has and how they can now contact you again. Below this message will be another unblock button, select it to confirm the unblocking.
Using Instagram On A PC
If you’re looking to unblock someone, but you don’t have access to your phone or tablet, you don’t have to worry because you can unblock them using Instagram on PC too. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into Instagram Web from your computer and search for the account you want to unblock. Unlike the app, you cannot access your Blocked Accounts on Instagram Web, therefore you have to go to the blocked profile and unblock the account from there.
- When you’re searching for the account, it might not be the top result because it’s a blocked account, so be sure to examine the search results carefully before giving up.
If you want to unblock someone that can’t be found by using the search bar, and you know the account’s username, then you can type instagram.com/username directly into your browser’s search bar.
- Once you’re on the blocked profile, you’ll see the Unblock button right there and ready for clicking. Tap it to unblock the account.
- As with all the other methods, Instagram will give you a heads-up about what unblocking the account means and another unblock button for you to click for confirmation.
- Once you’ve done all of that, you’ll see a pop-up stating that the account has been unblocked and a dismiss button. Click it and the page will refresh with the profile completely unblocked. You can now follow the account again or ignore it, whichever you choose.
Unblock Someone on Instagram Video
Watch our video to see steps in action:
Blocked Each Other On Instagram? Here’s How To Unblock (Video)
You might have blocked someone on Instagram because of some reason or the other. After figuring out that you have blocked them on Instagram, they blocked you back in the repercussion.
Or this story can be just the opposite.
But in any case, you have now blocked each other on Instagram and you are not able to find a way to visit each other’s profiles to unblock. If it seems like your story then this tutorial is going to be a lifesaver for you.
Here you will get to know the working method to unblock if you have blocked each other on Instagram:
- Firstly, one of you needs to visit the profile of the other person you want to unblock. You can do so in a couple of ways.
- Open any Instagram photo preferably yours as you will have to comment and it’s better not to spam other’s content. Tap on the comment icon below the image and type the Instagram username of the user you wish to unblock preceded by the @. Hit post to publish your comment. Now, tap on the username you commented above. This will take you to their profile.
- Visit your profile screen > Tap on the Hamburger menu icon and select Settings > Privacy and security > Blocked accounts. Here you’ll be able to see all the accounts you’ve blocked. Tap on the blocked account you wish to unblock.
- Once you are on their profile, simply tap on 3 dots at the top right and select Unblock. Confirm your decision by selecting Unblock.
- As soon as a user is unblocking someone, the unblocked person will be able to search them from their account using an Android or iPhone app. And once on their profile, another person can easily unblock them.
Check this video to see the steps in action:
Why can't I unblock someone on Instagram?
You can unblock someone on Instagram. You can do this by searching their name using Instagram’s search bar and unblocking them directly from their profile. If you don’t know their name, you can find a list of your blocked accounts in your Privacy settings and unblock the account from there.
When you unblock someone on Instagram do you have to follow them again?
When you unblock someone on Instagram, you do have to follow them again. Blocking someone on Instagram removes them from your following list. While they won’t know when you’ve unblocked them, when you follow them again, they are notified and can surmise if they were blocked or unfollowed before.
How to unblock someone on Instagram if you can't find them?
When you want to unblock someone on Instagram and cannot find them, go to your profile page in the Instagram app, tap the menu button, and select Settings. After you’ve done this, select Privacy then Blocked Accounts. Select any blocked user to go to their profile and unblock them.
Now You Know How To Unblock Someone On Instagram
How’d you like this guide?
To be honest, blocking someone on Instagram can be a great way to prevent harassers or bots from interacting with your account. Instagram does a great job of wiping that account’s existence from your feed when you block them.
However, sometimes you block someone because of a real-world spat, or in some cases, a bad breakup, or you blocked them because they blocked you first. No matter the reason for blocking someone, you can unblock them on your time with these three easy methods.
You can unblock them using your profile settings on the Instagram app or directly from their profile. Instagram web also makes it easy to unblock them from your computer, too.
I hope you found this guide helpful. Be sure to share with us in the comments your thoughts on this guide and share it with your friends and family too!