As an Amazon Associate and affiliate of other programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’ we will talk about how to unblock someone on Instagram, especially if the blocking is mutual. In this case, you may have been wondering: “Why can’t I unblock someone on Instagram?” Well, it might be well because the other person blocked you as well.
Blocked Each Other On Instagram? Here’s How To Unblock
You might have blocked someone on Instagram because of some reason or the other. After figuring out that you have blocked them on Instagram, they blocked you back in the repercussion.
Or this story can be just the opposite.
But in any case, you have now blocked each other on Instagram and you are not able to find a way to visit each other’s profiles to unblock. If it seems like your story then this tutorial is going to be a lifesaver for you.
Here you will get to know the working method to unblock if you have blocked each other on Instagram:
- Firstly, one of you needs to visit the profile of the other person you want to unblock. You can do so in a couple of ways.
- Open any Instagram photo preferably yours as you will have to comment and it’s better not to spam other’s content. Tap on the comment icon below the image and type the Instagram username of the user you wish to unblock preceded by the @. Hit post to publish your comment. Now, tap on the username you commented above. This will take you to their profile.
- Visit your profile screen > Tap on the Hamburger menu icon and select Settings > Privacy and security > Blocked accounts. Here you’ll be able to see all the accounts you’ve blocked. Tap on the blocked account you wish to unblock.
- Once you are on their profile, simply tap on 3 dots at the top right and select Unblock. Confirm your decision by selecting Unblock.
- As soon as a user is unblocking someone, the unblocked person will be able to search them from their account using an Android or iPhone app. And once on their profile, another person can easily unblock them.
What Happens When You Unblock Someone On Instagram?
After unblocking someone, here is what will happen:
- Once you block the user, they no longer remain your follower. Even when you unblock the user, the user is not going to be added back to your follower list. The person whom you blocked has to manually follow you again.
- You can like and comment on each other’s profiles again.
- Both of you can send Instagram Direct messages to each other again since the previous message thread will re-appear. You will get back the direct message history.
- You will be able to view each other’s stories depending on the privacy settings.
- Tagging each other again on the photos and videos will become possible again.
- All the notifications, likes, and old comments from you on the blocked person’s profile and media will be restored.
Basically, you will be able to do all the things normally as before the blocking and the Instagram app won’t restrict you anymore in regards to this person.