One of our earlier guides shared how you can restore last session on Google Chrome. In this tutorial, we go a step further and let you know how to automatically restore last session on Chrome and Firefox on startup. This will reopen all tabs that were opened in the previous session automatically when you open the browser.
How many times have you been a victim of unexpected power cuts or accidentally closing your browser while exiting other application hence closing all your tabs?
It seems just enough to land on this page. It is annoying to lose the multiple tabs on which you are doing crucial tasks. And it is even more infuriating when you have to manually reopen all the tabs so that you can continue with your work. If you don’t remember the websites you have to even browse through the history sometimes to reopen the tabs, Aargh!
Enough of describing the issues here. Let me share the solution which can get you out of this trouble.
You can always use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ Shift + t to reopen all the tabs from the last session. But what if I told you that it is possible to reopen last browsing session automatically on startup.
Let us first look at how to do it for Chrome browser.
Restore All Tabs From Last Session on Startup: Chrome
1. Open Chrome browser on your PC. Click on Menu(three vertical dots icon) at the top right corner and select Settings.
2. Under Settings, select Continue where you left off under On Startup.
That is it! Now the next time you open Chrome browser, it will by default open all the tabs from the last session.
Recommended: Restart Chrome without losing tabs with a bookmark
Let us proceed to Firefox.
Automatically Restore Last Session: Firefox
1. Open Firefox browser on your computer. Click on Menu(Hamburger icon) at the top right corner and select Options.
2. Under Startup, click on the combo box next to When Firefox starts and select Show my windows and tabs from last time.
3. Finally, click on Make Default to save the changes.
You’re done! You can try by closing and opening Firefox. You will see that reopening Firefox opens the tabs from the previous session.
We also recommend you to go through following tutorials.
If you think this tutorial adds value then do share it on social media. If you have any queries let us know in the comments section.