As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You may remember xFyro for their breakthrough earbuds, the xFyro ARIA, which raised over $2M on Indiegogo a few years back and steamrolled the internet. Well, they’re back with another pair of earbuds that are packed with innovative features.
The signature waterproofing and durability of xFyro’s ARIA can be found in the new xFyro ANC Pro, but the company has moved beyond weatherproofing and into the world of artificial intelligence.
The xFyro ANC Pro feature a unique AI algorithm that listens to your surroundings via the earbuds’ dual-beamforming microphone. Then, it allows critical sounds like sirens and alarms to pass through to your ears while blocking everything else.
It’s a bit like having a digital guardian angel with you while you wander the world listening to your tunes.
xFyro’s AI ANC is undoubtedly cool, but is it worth your money? We’ll give you the full story in our review.
xFyro ANC Pro True Wireless Headphones: The Benefits
Here’s what you can expect the xFyro ANC Pro to deliver. They might not be for everyone, but they offer a number of benefits to those who like to listen on the go.
- Safe and Convenient Listening On the Go: xFyro’s AI-powered ANC keeps you aware of your surroundings wherever you go, so you can enjoy your music while navigating city streets, ordering coffee, or working. The sounds you need to hear will reach your ears, and you’ll never have to remove your earbuds or press pause.
- They Go Everywhere: xFyro earbuds wouldn’t be complete without the latest weatherproofing tech. The ANC Pro are waterproof (IPX5 rated) and sealed for protection from debris and wind. They can handle any weather as well as moisture from sweat (but they can’t be submerged, like the ARIA could).
- Excellent Audio Quality: Graphene drivers produce some of the clearest and loudest sound we’ve heard from true wireless earbuds. These headphones are as close as you’re going to get to studio sound from earbuds. The bass is particularly impressive.
- One of the Most Affordable Premium Brands: xFyro doesn’t advertise like major brands like Apple and Bose. Most of their hype comes from crowdfunding projects, from which they’ve gained a huge online fanbase. Because xFyro saves on marketing, they’re able to sell their earbuds at a much lower price than the big guys, despite having many of the same (or better) features.
xFyro ANC Pro Review
Below, we’ll take a look at what comes in the box and what features you can expect from xFyro ANC Pro.
The xFyro ANC Pro are inner-ear canal earbuds. The look is similar to Apple’s AirPods, with the earbud attached to a longer rod.
The only color available is black.
The earbuds are a bit larger than some others, due mostly to the rod design. However, this is a trendy look that some prefer. And, the rod makes it easier to remove and adjust the earbuds.
The fit is snug and comfortable and the earbuds are clearly well-made. The surface is smooth and there are no seams or imperfections.
The xFyro ANC Pro also includes a matching carrying case, which doubles as a charger. The case is sturdy and shuts tight, and we like how the earbuds lock in magnetically.
The product measurements are as follows:
Earbuds: 4.1 cm X 2.7 cm
Carrying case: 5.3 cm X 5.8 cm
Here’s what you get in the box:
- Earbuds (L + R)
- Carrying case/charger
- 6 ergonomic ear tips (3 sets: S, M, L)
- USB-C charging cable
- User manual
xFyro ANC’s main selling point is its artificial intelligence ANC. While this is a big step away from what xFyro is known for (100% waterproof earbuds), it’s a smart pivot for the brand now that many other earbuds feature decent waterproofing.
And if you were wondering, the AI really works. As explained above, the AI is a program that listens to sounds and intercepts them before they reach your ears. The algorithm recognizes over 6000 sounds and categorizes them into critical and non-critical noises. The critical sounds (sirens, alarms, voices speaking to you, etc.) get passed through the speakers and into your ears. The non-critical sounds remain blocked.
The effect is pretty remarkable. You can listen to your music and maintain a conversation with a colleague or barista without missing a beat of either. These are the first earbuds that you can wear out, in, at work, at the gym, and anywhere else without having to take off or turn down.
You remain aware of your surroundings without having to sacrifice audio quality. The effect is even more pronounced due to xFyro ANC Pro’s noise-canceling power. These earbuds have 30 dB of ANC power, meaning you can cancel most noises, from faraway construction to nearby air conditioning. For comparison, Apple’s AirPods Pro only have 20 dB of ANC.
To activate the AI ANC, just turn on Transparency Mode by tapping an earbud.
You can also toggle between standard (non-AI) ANC and no ANC to save some battery.
Signature Weatherproofing (IPX5)
xFyro didn’t leave us hanging in terms of durability. After all, we’ve come to expect xFyro headphones to endure a typhoon.
While the ANC Pro are not as waterproof as the ARIA, they are protected enough to endure any weather. With an IPX5 rating, these earbuds can handle high-powered jets of water. Basically, that means they can take any type of rain—from a mist to a downpour—as well as sweat and humidity.
Unlike the ARIA, the ANC Pro are not fit for full submersion. So, you can’t go swimming in them, and it’s not advisable to use them in the shower.
The xFyro ANC Pro are also sealed to prevent dust and debris from getting in. Thanks to the touch controls, there are no cracks for dust to enter. You can take these earbuds to the beach or on your dirt biking trip without the risk of malfunction.
xFyro ANC Pro’s sound quality goes above and beyond most earbuds thanks to its use of supreme graphene drivers.
Graphene is a new material just discovered in 2004, and it’s the strongest, thinnest, and most flexible material on the planet.
While graphene has many applications, its strength and 2D-thin size make it perfect for tiny speakers.
Unlike traditional drivers, graphene will not degrade over time due to vibration, and it will not become damaged due to excess vibration at loud volumes. Graphene is able to deliver clearer, bigger sound because it’s so strong and reactive.
This means xFyro’s earbuds are louder and clearer than others. You can enjoy a wider range of audio, including thick bass beats, with fewer artifacts and less distortion.
At 7 mm in diameter, xFyro’s drivers are as large as most premium true wireless earbuds and about 40% larger than other earbuds. But because of graphene, you can expect audio similar to that of over-ear headphones.
One of xFyro ANC Pro’s most impressive innovations is barely mentioned by the brand. The 100-hour battery is possibly the longest-lasting in the industry.
The earbuds deliver up to 10 hours of playback on a single charge, and the carrying case holds another 90 hours for a total of 100 hours. It only takes 15 minutes in the carrying case for the earbuds to charge to full power, so you’ll never have to wait long for your tunes. The carrying case charges via USB-C fast charging and charges to full in just 2 hours.
The battery won’t last you quite as long with the AI ANC (Transparency Mode) active, but you can still expect up to 8 hours of playback, which is damn impressive. Most true wireless earbuds can’t come close to 8 hours of playback even without ANC.
xFyro claims that the ergonomic fit of the ANC Pro feels like you’re wearing nothing at all. While this may not be entirely true, the earbuds are very comfortable. We were particularly impressed by how firmly they hold in place, even during intense activity, without feeling like they put a lot of pressure on the inner ear.
Many earbuds leave your ears feeling itchy or sore after a few hours, but the xFyro ANC Pro do not. You can wear them all day long—for the duration of their battery—without the need to take a break.
This may be because xFyro’s fit was designed by ergonomic engineers. It’s a reimagining of how inner-ear-canal earbuds fit in place. xFyro ANC Pro use the natural curves of your ear to hold in place, unlike other earbuds that simply jam into your ear canal like a cork in a bottle.
Apart from the key features, xFyro ANC Pro have a number of other features you’d expect from a premium pair of headphones.
- Dual beamforming mic
- Touch controls
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Instant pairing
- Digital Assistant Access (Google, Siri, etc.)
xFyro ANC Pro might be slightly larger than other earbuds, and they only come in black. But if you’re not too concerned about aesthetics, there isn’t a better pair of true wireless headphones for your money.
xFyro brilliantly blends their original weatherproofing tech with brand new AI-powered ANC for a pair of headphones you can confidently use regardless of what’s happening around you. Plus, the graphene drivers guarantee incredible sound that will not degrade over time.
To sum up, here are the pros and cons of xFyro ANC Pro.
- Artificial intelligence ANC is a breakthrough: xFyro’s AI ANC technology is bound to become the new standard in premium ANC. With it, you can enjoy your music while remaining aware of the world around you.
- Studio-quality sound: Graphene audio brings studio-quality sound to true wireless earbuds for the first time.
- Decent weatherproofing: IPX5 waterproofing provides enough protection for any weather you might encounter. Dust and shock-proofing further protect against the elements.
- Industry-topping battery: At 100 hours of battery and 10-hours per charge, xFyro ANC Pro’s battery is the best in the business.
- Ergonomic fit: While the earbuds don’t feel like nothing’s there, they are incredibly comfortable. You can wear them for 8+ hours without irritation, and they don’t fall out during intense activity.
- Affordable price: At about half the price of other premium true wireless headphones, xFyro ANC Pro are a great value.
- Only one color: xFyro ANC Pro are only available in black. We’d like to see a few more colors.
- A bit bulky: The earbuds are a bit larger than other brands. But they’re not uncomfortable.
- Not fit for submersion: Unlike the xFyro ARIA, the ANC Pro cannot be submerged in water.
- Lacks deep bass: Graphene bass is smooth and defined. But it doesn’t have that in-your-gut boom that some prefer.
Final Thoughts on xFyro ANC Pro
We were thoroughly impressed by xFyro ANC Pro’s performance. They’re some of the most versatile true wireless headphones on the market, providing an ideal balance between durability, sound quality, and innovative ANC power.
You can use these headphones every day, all day, without worrying about the weather or distractions from your environment.
And for the price, there isn’t a better pair of headphones out there. xFyro ANC Pro cost about 50% less than other premium earbuds, but they provide longer battery life, better ANC, and in most cases, clearer and louder audio.
Now is a great time to get your hands on a pair of xFyro ANC Pro. During the Easter Sale, you can take 60% off a pair and get free shipping.
For more info and to place your order, visit www.xfyro.com now.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.