Connecting with friends through WhatsApp voice and video calls on Android and iPhone devices is easy and fun. However, it can be challenging to make WhatsApp video call on a PC.
You might have faced a similar problem, right? It can be frustrating when you have the WhatsApp desktop app open but cannot video call.
But calling someone on WhatsApp on a PC doesn’t have to be complicated. This article lists two different and easy-to-follow ways to make WhatsApp video calls. By following these steps, you will be able to make WhatsApp calls to anyone in your contact list.
- 1 2 Ways To Make WhatsApp Video Calls On PC
- 2 How To Switch From WhatsApp Video To Voice Calls On PC
- 3 Video
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Making WhatsApp Video Calls On PC Is Easy!
2 Ways To Make WhatsApp Video Calls On PC
As mentioned, there are two easy ways to start WhatsApp voice and video calls with someone on a PC. The first way is to call directly from the desktop app, and the other is by using an android emulator.
Make Video Calls From WhatsApp Desktop App
Before, making video calls from the WhatsApp desktop app was not allowed. However, WhatsApp has recently added the calling feature for voice and video calls. But you can only make a video call from the WhatsApp desktop app if you meet some system requirements.
Only Windows PC with Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or later supports the WhatsApp’s video calling feature. If you use a MacBook, you need to have macOS 10.13 or newer.
Next, you will need a stable and active internet connection. You will also need to allow the WhatsApp app to access your computer’s microphone and camera. Besides these things, you will also need a receiving microphone and an audio output device for communication.
If your system meets the requirements, you can follow the steps below to make video calls on WhatsApp desktop app.
The first thing is to download the WhatsApp desktop app if you don’t have it already. You can head to whatsapp.com/download to download the application.
- After downloading, install WhatsApp on a PC.
- Open the desktop app. You will see a QR code.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and navigate to the menu or the three vertical dots > Linked devices.
- Click on the “LINK A DEVICE” button.
- Scan the QR Code to log in.
- Once logged in, you can open the individual chat screen by selecting the contact you want to video call.
- You will find options to make a video or voice call on WhatsApp in the top right corner.
- Click on the video call icon and grant WhatsApp permission to start the call. Like video calling, you can make voice calls by clicking on the voice call icon.
- This will open a new window for the video call. The call will start when the other person accepts the request to join it.
- End the call by clicking on the red button at the bottom of the screen when you are done.
Sadly, the WhatsApp desktop app’s video and voice calling feature only supports end-to-end encrypted WhatsApp video calls with a single person. This means you can make one-to-one calls but not group calls.
Make WhatsApp Video Calls With An Android Emulator
If your system is Windows 10 64-bit 1903 or macOS 10.13 or later, you can use the above method to make video calls. But what if your system doesn’t meet the requirements? You can still make a video call using an android emulator from the WhatsApp app.
Emulators are like virtual devices. Hence, when you download the emulator, it will represent an android phone on your PC. You will need to download an android emulator for this. There are many good emulators you can choose from. This article will use BlueStacks for reference.
Follow the steps below to start WhatsApp voice and video calls using an emulator:
Download The Emulator
- Go to bluestacks.com/download.html to download the emulator.
- Next, click the downloaded file and tap on the “Install” button to install the application. You can also customize the installation process. But that won’t be necessary here.
You can also refer to this YouTube video on the ProgrammingKnowledge2 channel. The video demonstrates how to install Bluestacks 4 on Windows PC.
- When the installation is complete, it will ask you to sign in to the Google play store.
- Enter the details to sign in to your account.
Run WhatsApp And Start Making Calls
- You can then find, install, and open WhatsApp in the BlueStacks emulator.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions for the application.
- Enter your mobile number. You will receive an OTP on the number you entered. Enter the OTP to log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Select a contact to open the chat screen.
- Click on the camera or call icon on the top right corner to start a WhatsApp voice and video call as you would on your mobile phone.
While you can initiate WhatsApp calls using an android emulator, consider saving your WhatsApp chats.
Many people experience a loss of messages and data when they use WhatsApp from an emulator. Hence, it is always wise to make a data backup before installing an emulator for making WhatsApp calls.
How To Switch From WhatsApp Video To Voice Calls On PC
When using the WhatsApp desktop app, you can switch from a video call to a voice call and vice versa. Suppose you are voice calling a friend. You can click on the camera icon on the call screen to switch to a video call.
This will send a request to the other person. If your friend accepts the request, a video call will start.
Similarly, if you are on a video call, click on the microphone icon to switch to a voice call.
Also, watch our video to see both ways in action:
Can I Make A Video Call On WhatsApp Web?
You cannot make a video call from WhatsApp web. However, you can easily download the WhatsApp desktop application and follow the methods from this article to make video calls on WhatsApp.
Making WhatsApp Video Calls On PC Is Easy!
Making WhatsApp voice and video calls on a PC is not difficult. You can easily make a WhatsApp call by following the steps mentioned in this article. Both options are easy to follow and let you set up WhatsApp on your PC within a few minutes.
Hope you would have enjoyed reading this article and found the methods to make WhatsApp calls useful.
Write a comment to let me know if you find this article helpful or not. Or, share it with your friends trying to start a WhatsApp video call.