Here’s how to recover blocked text messages on Samsung – from the main screen, select Call & Text Blocking then navigate to History and go to Text blocked history. Then click and hold the blocked messages you want to retrieve and click Restore to Inbox to return the selected messages to your Inbox.
Even with the advent of social media and messaging apps, text messages are still a great way to communicate. If you’ve blocked someone from sending you text messages, but curiosity won over, and you wanted to see what messages they sent, don’t worry, you can view the blocked messages and restore them too.
Here’s how to retrieve blocked text messages on Samsung, and I’ve also gone ahead and included examples for other Android phones too.
- 1 3 Ways To Retrieve Blocked Text Messages
- 2 FAQs
- 3 How To Retrieve Blocked Text Messages On Samsung – Wrapping Up
3 Ways To Retrieve Blocked Text Messages
Samsung is one of the heavyweights in the smartphone game right now, and one of, if not the top dog when it comes to Android smartphones. Their messaging app has come a long way and allows for you to easily view and retrieve blocked text messages. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the messaging app on your Samsung device.
- Once you’ve opened it, tap the three vertical dots in the top right-hand corner of your screen to view open a drop-down menu.
- From the list of options, select “Settings.”
- This will take you to the Messages Settings. Here, you will see another list of options to choose from, select “Block numbers and messages.”
- Once you’ve selected this, you’ll see two options, “Block numbers” and “Blocked messages.” Tap the “Blocked messages” option to access the blocked messages on your Samsung phone.
- Next, tap the “Edit” button at the top of the screen to select the messages/message threads you want to choose from.
- Once you’ve selected your desired message, tap the restore button at the bottom of the screen to return the blocked message to your Inbox.
- The blocked message has now been restored to your Inbox.
Here’s a video tutorial showing you how to retrieve blocked text messages on Samsung:
Huawei’s phones are popular for their flagship performance and affordable pricing. If you’ve got one, here’s how to restore blocked text messages on a Huawei smartphone.
- Open the Messages app on your Huawei phone.
- Tap the three vertical buttons on the bottom of your screen to open a pop-up menu with more options.
- From the pop-up menu, select the “Harassment filter.” This allows you to check blocked messages.
- This will take you to your block list, where you can select the message you want to restore to your inbox. Tap the message you want to restore to see a pop-up menu.
- From that pop-up menu, select “Restore To Messages” to move the selected message to your inbox.
- Now you can view this message in your inbox. You can also add the number to a Whitelist so that you receive all future text messages.
Here’s a video tutorial showing you how to retrieve blocked text messages on a Huawei phone:
On Other Android Devices
For this step, I’ll be demonstrating how to view blocked messages on Android and retrieve them using the Google Pixel XL.
- Search for the Messages App using the Google search bar on your Home Screen. Once you’ve found it, open it.
- After opening the app, tap the three vertical dots on the Messages search bar at the top of your screen to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Spam & Blocked” option to view spam, as well as blocked text messages.
- Once you’ve opened the “Spam & Blocked” folder, select the message you want to view.
- After you’ve opened the message, you’ll see a notification at the top of the message telling you why it’s spam. Tap the “not spam” option to report that it’s not spam and move it to your main Inbox.
- Once you’ve done this, you’ll see a notification telling you that the message has been reported as not spam.
- Go back to your Inbox, and you’ll see the restored message with all the others in the Messages app.
Can you tell if someone is blocking your texts?
You cannot tell if someone is blocking your texts on Android because when you send a message, it will go through as normal, however, the person won’t receive your messages. You can check if someone has blocked you by calling them to see if you get an answer.
Do blocked messages get delivered when unblocked?
The messages that were sent by a blocked contact won’t be delivered when you unblock that contact. To view those messages, you will have to go into your Blocked messages folder and restore them to your inbox. Otherwise, you won’t see the blocked messages, even after unblocking that contact.
Can you still receive text messages from a blocked number on Android?
You cannot receive text messages from a blocked number on Android. On their end, the message will show as delivered, however, you won’t receive it on your end. It is important to note that blocking someone’s text messages doesn’t prevent them from contacting you on other messaging apps.
What happens when you text a blocked number on Android?
When you text a blocked number on Android, they will still receive your text messages, however, you will not receive their response. It ends up being a sort of one-way form of communication because they will be able to see your messages, but you won’t receive theirs.
How To Retrieve Blocked Text Messages On Samsung – Wrapping Up
How’d you like this tutorial? To be honest, I don’t text directly through my phone that often, but it’s good to know that I can still get some crucial information via text if need be.
Sometimes there’s a slip-up, and you block someone by accident, or if you’ve got younger siblings or kids, they might play around with your phone and do it without you realizing it. Now you know a way to view those blocked text messages if you need to.
If deleted text messages are your problem, rather than blocked messages, here’s how you can view deleted text messages on your Android phone without rooting it.
Thanks for reading and be sure to comment below your thoughts, and share them with your friends and family too!