As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Facebook has a lot of features to offer to its users. From Newsfeed, Timeline, Events, Video calling, to Live streaming, the features list never seem to end. One important feature from that list is Check In, which allows the users to add a location to their post. Using it you can share your location with friends and family on Facebook. The post can be anything like a quote, picture, or an album.
It’s a great feature that Facebook has to offer. But sometimes sharing your location on a public platform like Facebook could result in a breach of privacy since anyone can use it to track you. So, keeping your privacy in mind, you might want to remove a location from any of your posts on Facebook. Here, you will find the step-by-step process to do so.
Remove Location From A Post On Facebook
You can remove a location using the Facebook website or its Android/iOS app. Below we have mentioned the steps for both platforms.
Note: You can’t remove a location if you are not the owner/publisher of that post. For instance, you won’t be able to remove a location from another person’s posts where you’re tagged. But, you can always remove the tag.
That being said, let’s get started.
Method 1: Using Facebook Website
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account. Once you’re logged in click on your Profile icon or Name to visit your Profile.
- Now scroll down on your Timeline to get to the desired post. Once you find the post from which you want to remove the location, stop scrolling any further. Now, click on the three-dots icon at the top right of the post.
- Next, you will see a new options menu. From that select Edit Post.
- After that, click on Check In.
- When you click on Check In you will get the option to remove your location. You can do that by clicking on the X icon as shown in the screenshot.
- After that, click on Save to save your changes.
- Now the location is removed from your post. You can confirm that by going back to that post again.
So, by following these steps you can easily remove a location from other existing posts on your Facebook account if required.
Also Read: How To Post Pictures In Facebook Comments
Method 2: Using Facebook Mobile App
- Open the Facebook Android or iOS app on your mobile device. And login to your account if not already logged in.
- Now, tap on ≡ icon at the top right corner on the Android and bottom right corner in case of the iPhone. On the next screen, tap on View your profile.
- After that, go to the desired post on your timeline. Next, tap on the three- dots icon at the top right corner of that post.
- Now, tap on Edit Post to remove a location from a post.
- From the presented list of options tap on Check In.
- Tap on the small x icon at the bottom right corner.
- After that, tap on SAVE at the top right corner.
With this, the location is removed from your post. You can verify it by visiting the post again.
The steps that were shown in this article will surely help you to remove a location from your existing Facebook posts. If in the future you want to add a location to the same post again then you can do that also as Facebook allows you to do so. If you face any problem while following the steps mentioned in this article then you can let us know in the comment section. We will be more than happy to help you.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.