Snapchat bought Bitmoji last year(2016) and now they are integrating it in almost all places in their app. It is not possible to have your own picture inside the ghost icon as your profile picture. Snapchat forces you to have a Bitmoji there or you can have it empty. The users who didn’t create Bitmoji can have their usual profile picture but once it’s created your picture is gone for good. The same goes for Snapcode. If you are looking to unlink or remove Bitmoji from Snapchat or Snapcode then we’ve got you covered.
There are two ways to get rid of Bitmoji from Snapchat. One from their app and other from Bitmoji app. Let’s have a look.
1. Remove Bitmoji From Snapchat
- Launch Snapchat app.
- Tap on the Bitmoji icon at the top left corner.
- Next, tap on the gear icon at the top right of the screen. Or select Edit Bitmoji at the top left and skip the next step.
- Under My Account, select Bitmoji.
- On the next screen, tap on Unlink My Bitmoji at the bottom.
- Select Unlink on the dialog box to confirm.
If you created your Bitmoji using Snapchat login then it will not only be removed from Snapchat but also deleted from Bitmoji app.
With this, your Snapchat profile picture and Snapcode won’t have Bitmoji anymore. Also, you won’t be able to add Bitmoji stickers from the option in the app. But you can always add them using the Bitmoji keyboard if your Bitmoji is not deleted from the Bitmoji app.
2. Delete Bitmoji From Snapcode/Snapchat
Using this method will delete the Bitmoji hence it will automatically be removed from Snapchat as it won’t exist in the first place.
- Open Bitmoji app.
- Tap on the cog icon at the top left corner.
- Select Reset Avatar and tap on Ok to confirm.
This will delete your Bitmoji from the app and hence everywhere in Snapchat.
In future, if wish to use a Bitmoji you will have to create a new one.
We hope that you were able to remove Bitmoji from Snapchat using these methods. If you have any queries then let us know in the comments.