Over a billion people now use Instagram for various reasons. A large number of people use it to keep in touch with friends & family and there are brands and businesses too who leverage Instagram for their business. Brands use it to run giveaways, contests and even provide customer support and service. Keeping this in mind, Instagram released quick replies for business accounts so that they can quickly communicate with the users. Considering the number of DM’s large accounts receive, this feature makes sense. So, here’s how you can add, use and send quick replies on Instagram Direct from Android, iPhone or PC.
If you wish you can use Instagram Direct on PC for better accessibility.
Instagram also launched starred and filter messages for business profiles to enhance the messaging experience. Quick replies are also rolled out in an effort to make it even better. Now then, let us look at the steps.
Add Quick Replies On Instagram Direct
The first thing you need to do is add quick replies.
1. Go to your profile page by tapping on the profile icon/avatar at the bottom right.
2. Tap on 3 dots at the top right for Android and gear icon for iOS to go to Settings.
3. In Business Settings section, you will find Quick Replies. Tap on it.
4. Here, tap on + icon at the top right corner to add a quick reply.
5. Now, type the desired reply in the Message field.
6. The most important step is to set a Shortcut for the message you typed above. So that whenever you type that word as the first word in a message then this reply will appear, ready to be sent. In this case, I am setting the shortcut word to Auto as it is like an auto-reply I want to send to anyone who messages me.
After you’re satisfied, tap on tick mark icon to save the quick reply. Similarly, you can create more quick replies.
Now, let’s see quick replies in action.
How To Use And Send Quick Replies?
1. Go to your DM folder and select the conversation of the desired person/account.
2. Now, type the Shortcut word you set above in step 6 as the first word of your message.
3. If the first word matches with any of the shortcuts you have added for the quick reply, the quick reply icon in the message box will turn blue. Tap on it.
4. With this, the reply for that shortcut word will be typed automatically and you just need to tap on Send.
Alternatively, you can also add quick replies from DM section as well by tapping on the quick reply icon when the message box is empty and then tap on the + icon.
Quick reply makes typing long and repetitive messages a matter of a single tap. This surely will save a lot of time. What are your thoughts?
If you found this tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it on social media.