As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recently, I changed my phone from iPhone 6 to Samsung Galaxy S9+. That is when I had to transfer all the important data like music, photos/videos, contacts etc. from my iOS device to the new Android phone. In case you have also switched from iPhone to Android and looking to get all the contacts from your iPhone to Android then this tutorial is going to help you out. Here, we have explained how you can easily transfer contacts from iCloud to Android smartphone.
iPhone backs up all the data along with Contacts on iCloud while Android stores it on Google or Gmail account. Therefore, actually, you need to transfer contacts from iCloud to Gmail in order to get all the contacts on your iPhone to the new Android device.
So, let’s get started.
Transfer Contacts From iCloud/iPhone To Gmail/Android
1. Go to iCloud.com from your computer and log into your account.
2. Click on Contacts.
3. Next, click on the gear icon at the bottom left and select Select All.
4. Now, click on the same gear icon once again and select Export vCard… this time around. The vCard with all the selected contacts will start downloading.
5. After the downloading is complete, go to Gmail and log into the account which is added on your Android device. If you are still using the old Gmail (a.k.a. Classic Gmail) then click on the Gmail drop-down menu at the top left corner just below Google. Select Contacts.
In case you have switched to the new Gmail then you can go to Contacts by clicking on the app drawer icon (shown in the screenshot below). If you don’t see Contacts in the list of apps then click on More. Here, you should definitely find it.
6. This step is only for the users who are on the new Gmail UI, others can skip to 7th step. Now, the users who are using the latest Gmail have to click on More on the left sidebar and select Import.
Next, select CSV or vCard file.
Now, Contacts can only be imported using the old Gmail interface so click on Go To Old Version.
7. When the Contacts open in the Classic Gmail click on More and select Import…
8. Click on Choose file and select the .vcf file downloaded from iCloud in step 4. Hit Import once you’re done.
That’s it! All the contacts from iCloud will be added to your Google account and hence will sync to your Android device before you know it. In case auto sync is turned off then you need to go to the settings and select the Google account where you imported the contacts and sync contacts from there. The setting might vary from phone to phone depending on the maker and Android OS version.
You will also get an option to merge contacts to avoid duplicate contacts.
This is the easiest and best way to transfer contacts from iCloud to Android phone. We hope you were able to get all your contacts from iCloud to Gmail Contacts. If you have any queries then tell us in the comments down below.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.