Are you bored with your stock phone book app on Android and iOS devices? Then you should look at some other third-party apps available on the Play Store and App Store. One such app is Truecaller that has an integrated caller ID service to achieve call-blocking functionality. Also, it has social media integration to keep the phone book up-to-date with pictures and birthdays of your contacts.
Also, you never get bored with Truecaller as you can easily customize the look and feel of it by changing the built-in themes. Moreover, you get built-in messaging and contacts feature so you don’t have to download separate apps for them. Overall Truecaller is an all-in-one phone book app that one must have on their smartphone. So if you want to try it out then you can read this tutorial to install and activate Truecaller on your device.
Also Read: How To Hide Your Last Seen On Truecaller
Activate Truecaller On Your Phone
Truecaller is available for both Android and iOS devices. So we are going to tell you methods to setup Truecaller on both Android and iPhone.
Set-up Truecaller On Android
1. Install Truecaller from Play Store on your Android phone.
2. Once the app is installed open it and tap on GET STARTED.
3. Now to activate your account enter your phone number and then tap on CONTINUE.
4. Next, Truecaller will call on the entered number to check if it’s yours or not.
5. After confirming your number you will get a signup screen. Here you can sign up by entering your First, Last name and your Email. You can also sign up with Facebook or Google.
6. Now you will get some tutorials. You can tap on NEXT on every screen and on the last slide tap on GOT IT. After that, tap on LATER on the next two screens to install the app.
7. Once the app is installed activate the caller ID by going to Phone Settings > Apps & notifications.
8. On the next screen, tap on Truecaller.
9. Under Truecaller find Notifications and make sure the Show notifications switch is turned on.
Following these steps, you can easily install and activate the Truecaller app on the Android device.
Install Truecaller On iPhone
1. Download and install Truecaller from App Store.2. Once the app installs open it. After that, enter your mobile number and then tap on GET STARTED.
3. Next, it will ask to confirm if it’s your number. Tap on YES to confirm. And on the next screen tap on Agree & Continue.
4. Now you will receive an OTP on your number. Enter it to continue the installation process.
5. A new screen will open where you can create your profile by entering your name and Email or you can sign up using Facebook.
6. You can skip the next two steps, and on the third step tap on Allow Permissions to install the app.
7. Once the Truecaller app is installed on your iPhone, you can activate the caller ID by going to Settings > Phone.
8. Next, tap on Call Blocking & Identification and enable the Truecaller toggle switch.
With the help of Call blocking & Identification, Truecaller can identify and block unwanted spam calls on iPhone.
Note: For caller ID to work it is important, that your device is connected to the internet via WiFi or at least 3G network.
Make Truecaller Your Default Dialer App
You get a basic stock dialer app with your phone, which you can change with the Truecaller app. To do so, you will first need to enable the missed call notifications from the Truecaller app. And then replace the stock dialer app icon with the Truecaller icon on the home screen. You can follow the steps to make Truecaller your dialer app.
1. Open the Truecaller app and tap on the menu icon (profile icon in case of iPhone) at the top left corner.
2. Now tap on Settings > General and scroll down to find Missed call notifications.
3. Once you find the Missed call notifications, tap on it to turn on its toggle switch. With this, all the missed call notifications will come from Truecaller instead of your stock dialer app.
4. After that, close the app and go to the home screen of your device. Long tap on the stock dialer app(Phone app) and remove it from the home screen.5. Next, long press on the Truecaller app and drag it to the place of the old dialer app. Now you can use Truecaller as your default dialer app to make calls.
You can follow the same steps with the iPhone as well to make Truecaller your default dialer app.
Following the steps provided in this article, you can easily activate the Truecaller app on your device. We recommend you to keep updating your app on a regular basis, as the Truecaller team keeps on rolling new features via updates. Also, you can change the themes of the Truecaller app according to your liking by going to Settings > Appearance in the app.