There are a lot of occasions when you require some time or an event to happen before you go ahead and reply to an Email. For instance, in order to send the analytics report for the week, you need to wait until the end of the week. With the frequency of incoming Emails, these Emails can easily get lost in your inbox and eventually you might end up failing to reply to them. There’s an easy fix to attend to such Emails. With the new Gmail website and iOS/Android app, you can Snooze emails. In this tutorial, we have shared everything you need to know about snooze emails in Gmail.
What Does Snoozing Email Mean?
If you snooze an Email it will be hidden from your Primary Inbox so you don’t have to bother about it at that particular time. When you opt to snooze you will be asked to select a date and time until which an Email has to be snoozed. Once your selected time comes the Snoozed email will come back in your Inbox. As it’s the suitable time chosen by you so you can reply to it then without any issues.
Now when you know what snooze can do let’s look at the method.
Steps To Snooze Emails In Gmail
Snooze option is available on the website as well as in the Gmail app. Here are the steps for both of them.
Prerequisite: You need to be on the new Gmail interface to find the Snooze function.
1. Go to Gmail website from a browser of your choice and log into your account if you haven’t already.
2. Now, hover on the desired Email you wish to snooze. On hovering, you will be able to see icons for performing quick actions on the right-hand side of the preview. Click on the clock icon (Snooze).
3. After that, select the Snooze time. Available options are Later today, Tomorrow, Later this week, This weekend, Next week or you can even choose a custom date and time.
That’s pretty much it! The Email will be removed or hidden from the Inbox and moved to Snoozed folder. It will reappear in the primary Inbox when the Snooze time comes.
Also Read: How To Send Self-Destructing Emails In Gmail
Gmail Android/iOS App
1. Open the app and press and hold on the Email you want to snooze.
2. Next, you will see 3 dots at the top right. Tap on it and select Snooze.
3. Finally, select the desired later time you want to be reminded to reply to that Email.
Similarly, you can snooze other Emails if required.
In case, you want to see all the Snoozed emails then you can find them in Snoozed folder. On the web, you will be able to see Snoozed folder on the left sidebar among other folders while in the app you need to tap on the Menu icon at the top left and in the sliding panel you will find the Snoozed folder.
Also Read: How To Turn Off Gmail Conversation View On App And Web
How To Unsnooze Or Modify Snooze Time?
It can also happen that you decide to reply to the Snoozed Email earlier than the set time. Or maybe you want to change the Snooze time. You can easily achieve that. Here’s how.
- Go to Snoozed folder and hover on the desired Snoozed Email on the web while you need to press and hold the Email on the app.
- Now, click on the clock icon ( website) or tap on 3 dots (app).
- You will get options to Unsnooze or modify the snooze time.
Snooze is a great option if used smartly. Not every Email you don’t want to answer has to be Snoozed. It would serve you better if you only Snooze the Emails that actually are time-dependent in order for you to reply. Apart from that, there are better ways to handle emails by marking them as unread or organizing them under different folders. So, did you find the Snooze option useful? What’s your method of selecting the Emails to Snooze? Let us know in the comments down below.