As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In this tutorial, we will let you know how you can embed YouTube video with a specific start time. You can also use the method to start YouTube video at certain time for sharing with friends.
YouTube is the most used search engine after it’s parent company Google. But the thing is most of the users are not aware of YouTube hacks or YouTube keyboard shortcut to get the most out of the video sharing website.So, it is always useful to know about a few YouTube tricks. In today’s article, we bring to you one such YouTube trick which can be useful if you want to send or share a YouTube video which starts at a specific time.
Start YouTube Video At Certain Time
Did you ever send a YouTube video link to a friend or colleague and asked them to fast-forward it to a specific timestamp?
What if I told you that you can make it easier for your friend by sending a link that makes YouTube video start a particular time. This is not only convenient for your friend but even for you, as you are sure that they watch exactly what you wanted them to see.
So, let’s see how to get YouTube video link which starts the video at the specific time.
1. Open the desired YouTube video on the browser of your choice.
2. Now, pause the video at the time from where you want it to start.
3. Below the video title, click on Share button.
4. You will see a link generated below the social sharing icons. Below the link, click on the checkbox to the left of Start.
5. Observe the video link. Something like ?t=01m15s (where 01m15s is time you paused the video) will be appended to the link.
Now, you can copy that link and share it with your friends. The video will start playing at the specified time using this link. You may even test it yourself before sending it.
Start Embedded YouTube Video At Certain Time
Coming to the next point, What if you want to Embed a YouTube video in a blog post or website but want to start it at a certain time? This will help in saving your readers or visitors time by playing the video from the crunch moment and avoiding unnecessary introduction or section.
Here’s how you can achieve it.
1. Open YouTube video you want to embed on the desired browser.
2. Click on the Share button below the Video title and select Embed Tab.
3. There is an HTML code which embeds the YouTube video. We need to edit this. Firstly, calculate the timestamp in seconds. Suppose if you want to start the video from 2 minutes and 44 seconds then it will be 2*60 + 44 = 164 seconds.
4. Now, in the code where you can see the video URL in src field append the following code – ?start=164 to the URL. You can also refer to the image below.
Similarly, you can set a different time for the video to start.
You can copy the HTML code and paste it into your website HTML editor to embed it. On playing it will start at the time you specified in the code. For an example, play the video below it will start playing at 2 minutes and 44 seconds.
For a loyal YouTube user, we highly recommend you to go through following tutorials as well.
We hope that you were able to start YouTube video at certain time and even embed a YouTube video with specific time on your website. If you have any queries let us know in the comments.
Share this article on social media with your friends if you found it useful!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.