As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spotify app never gets old for music lovers.
The app provides great service to its users and gives its best to satisfy them. But sometimes, even if we are getting the best out of the best, we like to alter things according to our needs.
The same case goes with the Spotify playlist cover photo.
Although the Spotify app selects and uploads an attractive photo for the playlist, we might sometimes like to change it according to the way it satisfies us.
So giving your problems the first priority, here in this article we bring you some methods using which you can change Spotify playlist picture.
Also Read: How To Add Your Own Music To Spotify
Change Playlist Picture On Spotify
We have mentioned the methods to change the playlist cover from:
- A computer using Spotify Windows PC/Mac app
- Spotify mobile app for Android and iOS
- PC/Mac browser using Web Player
Method 1: From Computer Using Spotify Desktop App
Important: The image that you want to set as your playlist cover must be in JPEG format and the file size should not be more than 4MB.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your Windows PC or Mac.
2. Now, select the desired playlist under the Playlists section on the left-hand side, for which you want to change the cover.
3. After that, move the cursor to the cover photo at the top left and click on it.
4. A screen will pop up after clicking on the photo, with a heading “Edit Playlist Details“. In this window, click on the three-dot icon at the top right of the playlist cover.
5. Now you can simply replace the playlist photo by clicking on “Replace Image“.
6. Now look for the image that you would like your playlist cover to have. After selecting the photo, click on Open.
7. Now click on “Save” and your playlist photo will be changed.
The photo that you set as your playlist cover using the desktop app will automatically sync and change in Spotify mobile app and Web Player too.
If you find the above steps a bit cumbersome, here is a shortcut method to do the same.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your desktop.
2. After that, right click on the desired playlist under the Playlists.
3. Now click on “Edit Details“.
4. After that, click on three dots icon available on the playlist photo.
5. Now click on “Replace Image” to replace it with some other photo.
6. Finally, select the photo that you want as your playlist cover and click on “Save“.
Method 2: Alter Spotify Playlist Picture On Phone Using Mobile App
Note: The method mentioned below is only possible if you are a premium member of Spotify.
Although you can not fully customize the playlist photo using the mobile app, you can still make some changes in the existing playlist cover photo from your smartphone. The steps to do that are as follow.
Before proceeding ahead make sure that the songs with the cover you want in the Playlist picture are there in the Playlist. Add them to the playlist if not present already and perform the steps below.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your device and tap on Your Library.
2. Now select the playlist in which you want to make changes.
3. In the next step, tap on the three-dot icon at the top right of the screen.
4. After that, tap on the Edit playlist option.
5. Now drag the song to the top, using the three-line icon, whose picture you want to add to the playlist cover and click on SAVE.
The playlist cover is always customized using the cover of the top four songs. So, you can arrange the top four songs depending on the cover you wish for your playlist.
Method 3: Using Web Player
Slight changes can be made in Spotify playlist cover using the Web Player too. Moreover, you don’t need to have a subscription for that. Follow the steps given below to make changes in the cover.
1. Open the Spotify web player on a browser of your choice.
2. Select Your Library option, given at the extreme left.
3. Now choose the playlist for which you want to make changes. You can also create a new one if you wish.
4. Now drag the song at the top whose cover picture you want to make have on your playlist cover. Similarly, you can arrange the top four songs according to your liking.
5. After that, refresh the page, and now you can see that the playlist cover has been changed with the cover picture of the top 4 songs.
Now You Know How To Change Spotify Cover
So that’s it. These were some ways, using which the Spotify playlist cover photo can be changed using the desktop including both PC and Mac, mobile app on iPhone and Android, and the web player.
Currently, there is no direct method to change the playlist picture from the phone app or Web Player. That being said, you can still use the workarounds mentioned here to get it done.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.