If you are among those artists who upload their own music to SoundCloud, then you would not want anyone to access your account without your permission. However, if you are using a weak password, then it is easy for anyone to guess it and hack your account. If you don’t want that to happen, then you should right away change your old SoundCloud password to something stronger.
However, there’s one more scenario to this. And that is forgetting your password while being logged out of your SoundCloud account. Well, in that scenario, you have to reset your SoundCloud password to get your account back. And in this tutorial, we have discussed both the ways to secure your SoundCloud account.
Suggested Read: How To Make A Playlist On SoundCloud
Change SoundCloud Password
If you are already logged into your account and want to change your password, then you can do that by following these steps:-
1. On the SoundCloud homepage, click on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen. Next, select Settings from the menu.
2. Now, you’ll automatically be on the Account tab. Select “Send password reset link” which will be easily seen on the screen.
Following this, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail ID(the one you used while creating the account) which is registered with SoundCloud. If you sign in to SoundCloud using your Facebook account, then the password reset link will be sent to the email address associated with your Facebook account.
3. Now, go to your email service provider and look for an e-mail from SoundCloud with the subject “Request To Change *user’s name* SoundCloud Password”. Open the e-mail and then click on the link “Click here to change your password.” (Note: If you are unable to find the reset password email, then make sure you’ve checked the Spam folder.)
4. With this, you will be redirected to the Change password page. On that page, you have to enter your new password and then confirm it by entering it again. Once you’re done with it, just click on Save.
You can also check the box saying “Also sign me out of everywhere” if you want to log out of SoundCloud from all the devices.
That’s it. You’ve just changed your SoundCloud password and now you can log into your SoundCloud account with the new password.
Reset SoundCloud Password
If you are logged out from your account and are unable to recall your password, then follow these steps to reset it from your Computer or the SoundCloud mobile app:-
Visit the SoundCloud forgot password page on any browser. On that page, enter the email address that is registered with SoundCloud and click on Request a password reset button. (You can also put in your SoundCloud profile URL instead of the registered email. Although, you’ll receive the link through email only.)
Now, an email will be sent to your email address with the password reset link, quite similar to the method to change the SoundCloud password. So, you can follow the exact same steps thereafter as discussed in that method.
On Mobile App (Android and iOS)
1. Open the SoundCloud app on your Android or iOS device and on the login page, tap on “Forgot Your Password?”
2. Next, enter your email address or the profile URL to receive a link for changing your password. Then, tap on Send.
3. Now, go to your email account and tap on the password reset link sent by SoundCloud.
4. Next, enter your new password and confirm it. Finally, tap on Save to change your password.
Now, your password is reset and you can successfully log in to your account with your new password. So, this is how easy it is to reset or change the SoundCloud password. However, there are other few issues that you may face while you’re trying to change or reset your SoundCloud password, which are discussed below:-
Didn’t Receive SoundCloud Reset Password Email?
This is a very common issue that many of you may face while resetting your password. Here’s what you can do:-
1. After placing the request for the SoundCloud password reset link, wait for 5 to 10 minutes as sometimes it can take a little longer than usual to receive the email.
2. You can check the Spam or Junk folder to check if the email is received in one of those folders.
3. Try searching for the mail titled “Reset your SoundCloud password” in case you can’t find the email in your mailbox.
4. If nothing works, then try sending the request again. Most probably, you’ll receive the reset email in one or two attempts.
Can’t Access Your Email Linked To SoundCloud?
If due to some reason you can’t access your email ID then you can try out these methods to solve this issue:-
1. If you know your Profile URL then you can use it along with your password to log in to your SoundCloud account.
2. You can also use the Continue with the Facebook feature to log into your account if your Facebook account is linked to SoundCloud.
Note: With the above two options you’ll only be able to access your SoundCloud account. But in order to change your password, you have to add another email address on your account, the one you have access to. Then to receive the password reset link on your new email address, you have to make it primary after you’ve confirmed it.
3. If you still can’t access your account, then you can file a ticket on SoundCloud regarding the same. In order to file a ticket, you will have to provide some information regarding your account like:-
- When was your account created?
- What is your IP address from where you last accessed your account?
- What is the last time you logged in to your account?
- Provide the email liked to your SoundCloud account.
- Name of the tracks that were deleted from your account previously.
- New email ID that you wish to link to your account other than the one already registered with SoundCloud.
Once you have given all the relevant information, it is then matched with the information in the database. If your information matches the account in the database, then the new email address is added to your account and a password reset link is sent to it. You can then easily reset your password and log back into your account.
Suggested Read: How To See And Delete Listening History On SoundCloud
These days it’s very common to forget passwords as we have multiple accounts and remembering passwords of all accounts is a tough job. Keeping that in mind, almost every platform gives its users the facility to reset or change their password and SoundCloud is no different. And we really hope that you were able to change or reset your password with this tutorial.