Did you just stumble upon an amazing video on YouTube that goes with the sort of content you share on your Instagram profile? If that’s your current situation then I can feel what you are going through as I have faced it too. You are tempted to upload that video to your Instagram account. But there is no official integration that allows sharing of YouTube videos on Instagram. However, after doing a bit of digging and trying out a few apps and websites we are here with a working solution to post YouTube video to Instagram from iPhone and Android smartphones without root or jailbreak and you don’t have to spend a dime.
So, let’s dive right into it.
Post YouTube Video To Instagram
After which you can simply post the video from Gallery on Instagram as you would do for any other video.
The process is a bit lengthy and you will need to make use of a couple of websites and apps. Don’t bother they all are free of cost.
I will be using the steps and screenshots from iPhone. The method remains the same fundamentally for Android as well.
1. Firstly, launch YouTube app on your device. If you don’t have it installed then you can visit YouTube website from your smartphone’s browser. Locate the video you wish to download.
2. We need to copy the desired video URL. If you are using YouTube app then long tap on the video or tap on the 3 dots icon at the bottom right of the video and select Share. On the next menu, select Copy Link.
If you are using YouTube website then long tap on that particular video and select Copy.
3. Once you have the video link, head over to your smartphone browser and visit Savefrom.net. Paste the URL in the text box. The website will fetch the video and show you the preview. Select the video quality and long tap on Download.
Select Copy on the next pop-up.
This is the video download link. Now, let’s go ahead and download it.
4. Visit CloudConvert using the following link. The first thing you will have to do is create a CloudConvert account. It is free, easy and quick. Tap on the hamburger icon at the top right and select SignUp.
Provide the Username, password and Email and tap on Register. You will get an Email click on the Complete Registration link to activate your account.
5. Once you have created an account and signed in tap on the drop down menu next to Select Files button. Now, select Add from URL.
6. On the next pop-up, paste the download link copied to clipboard earlier in step 3 and tap Add.
7. The tool will process the video. Once it is completed, you should see the Name of your video. Below the video title, there will be a dropdown with the video file format. It should show MP4. If it’s something else change it to MP4.
8. Next, tap on the box to the left of Save file to My Dropbox. This will open a new tab on the browser. Login to your Dropbox account. If you don’t have one this is the best reason to create one now.
Allow CloudConvert access to your Dropbox account. Now, head back to CloudConvert homepage.
9. You should see that the Save file to Dropbox box is checked and then tap on Start Conversion. Now, wait for a few seconds for the video to be uploaded to your Dropbox account.
After the upload is successful you will see the message shown in the image below.
After installing the app, log into your account which you linked with CloudConvert in step 8 above.
11. On logging in, you will see Apps folder on the Home tab. Tap on it followed by CloudConvert. In this folder, you should the YouTube video.
12. To save the video to your Gallery or Camera roll tap on the video. Tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right and select Export. Now, tap on Save Video.
With this, the YouTube video will be saved to your smartphone.
What you have to do next is a no-brainer.
Recommended Read: How to Upload Long Videos To Instagram Stories From iPhone and Android
Upload Downloaded YouTube Video to Instagram
Launch the Instagram app and add a new post as you would usually do. Select the YouTube video saved in your phone’s Gallery or Camera roll. Put in the caption and you are all set to share it with your followers on Instagram.
To summarize you need the following accounts/apps/websites for this method to work.
- YouTube App or Website – To get the video link
- Savefrom.net – To get the YouTube video download link
- CloudConvert Account – To download the video to Dropbox account
- Dropbox account and app – Account to get the YouTube video and app to download it to your smartphone.
We hope that you were able to upload YouTube videos to Instagram. If you found this tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it on social media.