Do you wish to customize notification tones for each app installed on your Android smartphone? If the answer is yes then continue reading to learn how you can easily set different notification sounds for different apps on Android without rooting. The beauty about the method mentioned here is that it won’t cost you a dime. After trying out a few apps I finally found one which allows you to set different sounds for different apps for free. Most of the apps had this feature but was a paid one. But you don’t need to go through the mess of finding such app as we have listed it and it’s working for you in this tutorial.
Changing the default app notification sounds can go a long way to help you in identifying the app from the notification sound itself without touching or looking at your Android phone. A pretty useful thing to have while driving, cooking or any activity where it is inconvenient to get hands on the smartphone.
So, let’s get the ball rolling.
Set Different Notification Sounds For Different Apps on Android
1. To get started, install the MegaSound app from Play Store.
2. Open the app once it is installed successfully. For the app to work perfectly you will have to allow it access to notifications. Tap on Settings to directly navigate to Notification Settings.
Check the box against MegaSound Beta and select OK.
3. Head back to the MegaSound app. Tap on + icon at the bottom right corner.
4. Now, select the app for which you wish to change the default notification sound. Tap on Notification to set a ringtone or select Silent if want to silent the notifications for that app.
5. If you selected Notification in the step above then choose the desired Ringtone on the next screen.
You can always change the ringtone for the notification later from the same location if desired.
Follow the same steps 3-5 to add custom notification sounds for other apps.
In my case, I added different sounds for WhatsApp and Messenger. It worked like a charm and I got different sounds for these apps.
Delete Custom App Notification Sounds
If at some point of time you wish to restore the app notification sounds to default then tap on that particular app on the home screen of the app and select Yes.
Using the same method you can remove the custom sounds for other apps.
We hope that you were able to set different notification sounds for different apps on Android device. If you found this helpful then share it your friends who own an Android smartphone.
Do you know any other app or method to achieve this? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.