How to change WhatsApp calls ringtone on Android and iPhone
It has been more than 3 months since WhatsApp calling feature first came to Android smartphones. Now when the calling feature is launched for most used platforms Android, iOS and Windows in smartphone’s, it is time that we talk about changing the ringtone for incoming calls you get in WhatsApp. In this post, we will share about how to change WhatsApp calls ringtone on Android, iPhone, and Windows. This feature enables users to have a different ringtone for WhatsApp calls and cellular calls so that the calls can be differentiated by listening to the ringtone itself.
Change WhatsApp calls ringtone
You can change the ringtone for WhatsApp calls from the same Settings menu where ringtone for messages is changed.
Change WhatsApp ringtone for incoming calls in Android
- Open WhatsApp and select Settings
- Under Settings select Notifications
- In Notification settings, select Ringtone under Call Notifications.
- Select the desired ringtone.
This will change the WhatsApp calls ringtone for all the contacts. You can also change WhatsApp call ringtone for individual contacts.
In Android, you have more ringtones to choose from to set as incoming WhatsApp call ringtone.
Moreover, you can set a different ringtone for messages in different WhatsApp group and contacts on iPhone and Android.
UPDATE: WhatsApp has now removed the option of changing WhatsApp call ringtone in their iOS app with iOS 10. WhatsApp calls have the same ringtone as normal phone calls on iPhone.
Change WhatsApp ringtone for calls in iPhone / iOS
- Open WhatsApp and Tap on Settings Tab at bottom right corner
- Under Settings select Notifications
- Here in Notifications under WhatsApp Calling Notifications you can change WhatsApp calls ringtone
- Select Ringtone and select the ringtone from the options presented
- Tap on Save to save changes to incoming calls ringtone
SUGGESTED READ : How to see Last Seen on WhatsApp even if Hidden
With this, you have successfully changed WhatsApp call ringtone. However, as of now only 2 ringtones are available apart from the Default one to set as incoming WhatsApp call ringtone in iPhone.
You can also assign different call ringtones to each WhatsApp contact with iOS WhatsApp update recently.
Set different call ringtone for each contact in WhatsApp
Recent WhatsApp update allows you to assign different call ringtone for each contact in WhatsApp. Follow the steps given below to set different call ringtone for each contact :
- Open WhatsApp and Tap on the chat of the contact for which you want to change the call ringtone.
- In conversation screen, tap on Contact Name on top of the screen. This will open up Contact Information.
- Under Contact Info you will find Custom Notifications. Tap on it.
- Under Custom Notifications, tap on Ringotne and select the desired one from the list provided.
To change WhatsApp Message ringtone select New Message under Message Notifications in the 4th step given above. For a group, select Group Message under Group Notifications to change the ringtone for group messages.
Change WhatsApp ringtone for incoming calls in Windows
Currently, you cannot have a different ringtone for WhatsApp calls and cellular calls in Windows. However, you can change the ringtone for incoming WhatsApp calls by changing the ringtone for cellular calls. The same ringtone which you set for cellular calls will be used for WhatsApp incoming calls as well in Windows.
SUGGESTED READ : 9 Amazing WhatsApp facts you don’t know
You should be able to change ringtones in WhatsApp for incoming calls, messages and group messages in your smartphone with the method above. Do you like WhatsApp calling feature and setting a different ringtone for WhatsApp calls? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.