Don’t have access to WiFi but still want to backup WhatsApp? Follow this tutorial to take WhatsApp Backup using mobile data rather than WiFi on iOS and Android smartphones.
WhatsApp is the most used messenger with over 1.2 monthly active users as of January 2017. This clearly suggests that most of our conversations are taking place on WhatsApp. Smartphone’s being gadgets are prone to failure or damage. It is quite possible you lose them or they get stolen by someone. This is where WhatsApp backup feature comes in handy. If you have a backup then you can easily restore all the lost messages. Even though there are useful software’s which help you to recover WhatsApp conversations without the backup but it is always wise to have a backup.
Now, many users can be using only Cellular Data on their phones. WhatsApp by default backup over WiFi. If you wish to backup using mobile data then follow the steps mentioned here.
Take WhatsApp Backup Using Mobile Data on iPhone
1. Launch Settings app and select Cellular.
2. Head over to the bottom and toggle iCloud Drive switch to On.
Enabling this allows iOS to take backup with the cellular network when not connected to Wi-Fi.
3. After that, turn off WiFi as by default iOS takes iCloud backup via WiFi. So you need to make sure you are not connected to any WiFi network.
You can do that easily from Control Center or go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Toggle Wi-Fi to OFF.
4. If you take WhatsApp backup now it will be taken with cellular data(of course Cellular Data should be turned on)
In order to do that open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now. You can also include videos in backup if desired.
Backup WhatsApp With Cellular Data on Android
1. Launch WhatsApp and tap on 3 dots at the top right corner and select Settings.
2. Under Settings, select Chats.
3. On the next screen tap on Chat backup.
4. Now, tap on Back up over and select Wi-Fi or cellular.
5. Next, disconnect from all the saved Wi-Fi networks or turn it off.
Turn on mobile data on your device and then start WhatsApp backup.
We hope that you were able to take backup using mobile data on Android and iPhone. If you face any issues then let us know in the comments below.