As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
And today we will take you through how to know when someone comes online on WhatsApp.
This method will not only help you to check the online status but also let you see the last seen even if hidden by the contact.
Later in the article, we have also mentioned how for a particular contact you can get to know online status without reading the message in WhatsApp.
So, let’s get started.
Note: The app mentioned in this article is a perfect alternative to Whatsdog and WhatsMonitor.
Know When Someone Comes Online On WhatsApp In Android
This app works as one of the best WhatsApp online notifiers which are currently available only for Android and not in iOS. You don’t have to root the Android device; it works properly on non-rooted devices.
1. Download Sotla from Google Play Store. Once it is done, open the app. The good thing about the app is that you will not require any kind of signup or account login to use it.
2. Now to add contacts, tap on the ‘+’ icon at the top right of the screen and then select WhatsApp.
You can also use this app for Telegram and Vk.com social messaging platforms.
3. After that, enter the WhatsApp number for the contact that you wish to monitor and tap Ok. Don’t forget to add the correct country code. Then give a name to the added contact and again tap Ok.
4. Right after that, you will be able to see the added contact, and with them also see the last time they were online. Tap on the contact name to get the time details. Also, the time shown on the home screen just below the name is not accurate, at least in our experience. Now, whenever they come online or even go offline you will receive push notifications from the Sotla app.
If you want to turn off the tracking, then simply toggle the switch to OFF by tapping on it. Or you can also delete the contact, and change its name by swiping the contact towards the left. It also allows changing the notification tone for the notifications.
Not only this, but Sotla will also show you the specific times the added contact was online for both night and day using an analog clock.
And in addition to this, you can also see the WhatsApp activity for the previous days but it will only show the activities after the number was added in the app. You can even add more than one contact, but for that, you might need to buy the subscription.
Check The Last Seen Even If Hidden
You can even get to know the last seen of contact irrespective of the WhatsApp privacy settings using this app. For that, you can use the section where it shows the time frames when contact was online. To do that, tap on the contact from the main dashboard of the app.
Then you will see the total period of time that contact was online. Now to determine their last seen, all you have to do is look at the timing below the analog clock.
For e.g. As seen in the screenshot above, the last time frame the given contact was online is 13:35-13:39. So that means, that it came online at 13:35 and went offline at 13:39 which is the last seen for that number.
Note: Sotla is not a product of TechUntold. It’s a third-party app available on the Google Play Store.
This app is fantastic, it not only checks when someone is online on WhatsApp but also keeps track of the added WhatsApp contact last seen status.
Now, let’s look at another method.
Steps To Know Online Status Without Reading Message In WhatsApp
Suppose someone has sent you a message on WhatsApp but you want to reply to that message once the person goes offline. Keeping the blue ticks on, if you try to open the chat, he or she will get to know that you have read the message but you are not replying. So it’s better to get to know the online status without reading the message even if blue ticks are on. Here’s how you can do that?
Note: This is only for Android users, as the feature is not available for iPhone and Windows OS.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- In the recent chat list, tap on the photo of a person you want to get to know the online status.
- A pop-up Window will appear on your device with chat, WhatsApp call, and info options.
- Tap on info icon, this will show user info.
- In user info screen, below the Name of the user, you can see the last seen/online status.
- And once you press the back button it will not open the conversation screen with that person, however, it will take you to the recent chat list of WhatsApp, from where you came.
The pop-up window feature helps you achieve this. Now as you get to know the online status of that person without reading his or her message, you can do whatever you want, either send a reply to that message or don’t.
So using the apps and methods above you can easily get to know when someone is offline or online on WhatsApp and even check or determine their last seen. If you come across any issues, you can let us know via comments.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.