We always keep coming up with the latest WhatsApp tricks at TechUntold like download anyone’s WhatsApp status on your device, sending fake location, finding people, and many others. And today we will take you through how to know when someone comes online on WhatsApp.
This method will not only help you to check the online status but also let you see the last seen even if hidden by the contact.
Later in the article, we have also mentioned how for a particular contact you can get to know online status without reading the message in WhatsApp.
So, let’s get started.
Note: The app mentioned in this article is a perfect alternative to Whatsdog and WhatsMonitor.
Know When Someone Comes Online On WhatsApp In Android
The best way to find out when someone is online on WhatsApp is to use a third-party app that will do the job for you. The app that we’re featuring today is called Dasta. It’s very similar to the app, Sotla, which was previously available on the Google Playstore.
Currently, Dasta is one of the best WhatsApp online notifiers on Android, which can alert you if someone you know is online or not, even if you have WhatsApp notifications turned off. You don’t have to root your device since it works even on non-rooted devices.
- Enter Dasta into the Google Play Store and click download. Once you’ve downloaded it onto your device, click open to launch the app. You don’t need to sign-up or log-in to begin using it.
- You’ll be asked to allow permissions when you’re opening the app for the first time. Just click allow on all questions.
- To add contacts that you want to keep track of, tap the ‘+’ icon located at the screen’s top right.
- You’ll then have the option to select which app you’re using. Besides WhatsApp, you can also use Dasta with Telegram and Vk.com, two other social messaging platforms similar to WhatsApp.
- Once you’ve selected the option, you’ll be asked to enter the WhatsApp number of the person whose online status you want to track. Make sure to input their correct country code, as well. Add a name and tap OK to finalize it.
- You will now be able to see the online status of the person you’ve added to the list. If they go online or offline anytime, you’ll receive a push notification of their status.
If they’re not online, however, you’ll see the last time they were active on the app. Please take note, active means that they actually did something on the app. Based on my experience, just opening the app to check messages isn’t enough for Dasta to consider the other person online.
You can turn the tracking on and off by toggling the switch to the right. Meanwhile, swiping left on the contact will allow you to either change the name or delete the number from your list.
Check Their App Usage, Even If They’re Hidden
Dasta also has a feature that allows you to see how much time a specific person on your list spent online.
Just tap on the contact from the app’s main dashboard, and you’ll be brought to a screen with an analog clock. This clock shows the last time that this person was online. The time below shows the time range in which this person was online, while the specific time below that will show the total time spent.
For instance, in the above example, you can see that the person’s last time online was 16:52. He was online sometime within 16:52 to 16:54, spending a total of 43 seconds online.
Overall, Dasta is an excellent app for tracking someone’s online status on WhatsApp, as well as checking how much time they spent online. It’s free to just try it out, but after three days, you have to pay for a $9.99 subscription or a $12.99 subscription in order to continue using it.
Note: Dasta is not a product of TechUntold. It’s a third-party app available on the Google Play Store.
However, if you don’t want to use a third-party app, here’s another method for knowing someone’s online status on WhatsApp.
Steps To Know Online Status Without Reading Message In WhatsApp
Suppose someone has sent you a message on WhatsApp but you want to reply to that message once the person goes offline. Keeping the blue ticks on, if you try to open the chat, he or she will get to know that you have read the message but you are not replying. So it’s better to get to know the online status without reading the message even if blue ticks are on. Here’s how you can do that?
Note: This is only for Android users, as the feature is not available for iPhone and Windows OS.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- In the recent chat list, tap on the photo of a person you want to get to know the online status.
- A pop-up Window will appear on your device with chat, WhatsApp call, and info options.
- Tap on info icon, this will show user info.
- In the User Info screen, below the Name of the user, you can see the last seen/online status.
- And once you press the back button it will not open the conversation screen with that person, however, it will take you to the recent chat list of WhatsApp, from where you came.
The pop-up window feature helps you achieve this. Now as you get to know the online status of that person without reading his or her message, you can do whatever you want, either send a reply to that message or don’t.
So using the apps and methods above you can easily get to know when someone is offline or online on WhatsApp and even check or determine their last seen. If you come across any issues, you can let us know via comments.