As an Amazon Associate and affiliate of other programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With the WhatsApp status feature, users can set their WhatsApp status as photos, videos, and GIFs. Unfortunately, if you like someone’s WhatsApp status, there is no option to save it to your smartphone. This is because WhatsApp cares about its users’ privacy. But don’t feel hopeless as in this tutorial I will show you how to download WhatsApp status and save it to your Android device gallery.
One way would be to take a screenshot. But this is not a feasible solution and will only work for photo statuses and not for videos and GIFs. To download videos, photos, and GIFs WhatsApp status, follow the methods mentioned below.
Download WhatsApp Status On Android
With this method, you will be able to download all kinds of WhatsApp status like photos, videos, and also GIFs. This solution is quite simple, just follow the below steps and you will have anyone’s WhatsApp status on your Android device gallery.
- Open WhatsApp and select the Status tab.
- Tap on someone’s WhatsApp status of your contact whose status you want to download.
- Now close WhatsApp and open the file manager on your Android device.
I am using the default one available on my phone. You can download the file manager from Google Play Store if you do not have one.
- In the File Manager, look for the WhatsApp folder.
- Next, tap on the Media folder as shown below.
- You may not be able to see .Statuses folder as it might be hidden on your phone.
In this case, tap on Options and look for Show hidden files. Take note, this might show differently depending on your file manager.
Hidden files are already shown on my file manager by default.
- Now, tap on the .Statuses once it appears to see the statuses of your contacts.
- Next, you have to move this status to your Android device gallery.
To do this, long-press on that picture or a video, and a list of options will appear.
- Now, tap on the Copy option.
- After this, go back to the screen where you saw the WhatsApp folder inside the File Manager.
- On the same screen, look for the DCIM folder.
- Open it and paste the copied status file.
- After this, open the gallery on your Android device and go to the DCIM folder.
- Open it and there, you can see the downloaded WhatsApp status of your contact.
Note: The options in the File Manager may appear different than the above-mentioned steps. This procedure was done using the default one.
Also, you can get help from the below video to download WhatsApp Status.
Download Status Using WhatsApp Story Saver Android App
To save WhatsApp status, you can use the Status Story Saver for Whatsapp Free app. After you install the app, do the following steps:
- In WhatsApp, open the desired status.
- Now, open this app.
- Then, you just need to tap on the Save icon.
This app is free of unnecessary features and cuts straight to the chase. That is what we sincerely liked about this app.
Link: Play Store
Now you know how to save WhatsApp status of somebody on your phone. You can do it in two ways: manually and with an app. Which one is your favorite?
Please let me know if you face any issues while downloading someone’s WhatsApp status or have any question.