If you are looking for a way to email WhatsApp conversation then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we are going to explain how you can share your WhatsApp chat history via Email with or without media files for groups as well as individual contact/chat. If you choose “with media files” then all media files exchanged in the conversation will also be attached in the email. So let’s get on with the method.
Steps To Email WhatsApp Chat In Android
- Open WhatsApp.
- Then open the conversation for the person or group chat you want to email. Now tap on the three dots at the top right inside the conversation.
- After this, from the menu, tap on More. Then from there select Export chat as shown in the screenshot below.
- Next, it will give an option whether you want to send the conversations WITHOUT MEDIA or INCLUDE MEDIA. Select according to your requirement.
- Now you will see the option to Send chat via various options, here select Email or Gmail. You can even share this WhatsApp conversation with other contacts on WhatsApp itself. For that, select the contact name instead of Email(same for iOS).
- This will open the email with your WhatsApp chats in ‘txt’ attached file and other media which you can see accordingly.
You just have to enter the email address of the person whom you want to send the conversation to and hit the send button. The email may take time to be sent depending on the content size you have chosen to select i.e messages and other media files.
Recommended: By default, the chats are in ‘txt’ file format. It’s recommended to open this ‘txt’ file in Microsoft Office Word for better indentation of chats. If you wish to save all the conversations then it is recommended to use the WhatsApp chats backup feature.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Next, open the chat which you want to email.
- Tap on the name of the person at the top to open contact info of that person.
- Under Contact Info, you will see Export Chat option, tap on that.
- A pop up will appear to select whether you want to attach media files or not.
- Then you will see various sharing options, from here select Gmail or any other mail application that is available.
Note: You must have the required Email application installed on your iOS devices for this method to work properly.
- Next, you can type in the email address of the person whom you want to send the conversation.
READ ALSO: Know When WhatsApp Contact Is Online
When Can Sending Chats In Email Be Helpful?
It can be useful in case you have to share any official conversation with your colleges. Or the chat with contact is important to you and you just simply wish to save that conversation forever. You can do that by sending this email to anyone you want or even to yourself.
As the file will be sent in a .txt format it will also be easy to print the conversation in case you need them.
It can be also used to export or transfer WhatsApp chats and create a backup with all the media on your PC. All you have to do is download it from the e-mail id you sent it to.
Also Read: How To Broadcast WhatsApp Message
WhatsApp Email Chat History Limit
Yes, there is also a limitation while sending chats via E-mail from WhatsApp. But that depends on one factor that is whether you select to include the media or not. To make it clear:
- With Media – If you include the media, then it will allow you to send only previous 10,000 messages from the conversations. And in case the number of media files are more then the number of messages can be much lesser than that. The chats and media will then be downloaded in a zip file.
- Without Media – Without the media, you can send up to 40,000 messages from the desired conversation.
If you find WhatsApp useful then you are going to enjoy these WhatsApp how-to’s.
- Send Images Without Compressing On WhatsApp
- Stop WhatsApp From Saving Pictures To Gallery/Camera Roll
- Ways To Export WhatsApp Contacts
- How To Disable WhatsApp Backup
So these were the simple methods to email WhatsApp conversation in Android and iPhone. Hope you are easily able to do it and if you come across any issues please let us know via comments.