Facebook, the social networking giant is loaded with tremendous amount of features and many of those are not known to most of us. The feature to convert Facebook Profile to Page definitely features among one of them. Here in this article we will be explaining about various aspects to be considered like Why, How, What etc. while converting Facebook personal account to page. Few might already know the requirement of converting your Profile to Page, however to make the article logical we will also explain Why should you convert Facebook Profile to Page in addition to how to convert Facebook Profile to Page.
Why should you convert Facebook Profile to Page ?
If you are using your profile for promoting business on Facebook then you better convert your Facebook profile to Page as according to Facebook Terms you cannot use your personal account/profile to represent something other than yourself for instance your business, institution etc.
So definitely you need a Facebook Page to represent/promote your business according to the Facebook policy. Now the advantage to convert your Facebook Profile to Page is that all of your friends and followers will be converted to people who like your Page. This way you need not start from scratch i.e. creating a new Facebook Page for business and make followers from nil.
So, now when it is clear that why to convert Facebook Profile to Page and the advantages in doing that let us move on and know about how to convert Facebook Profile to Page.
Don’t Miss : How to see who views your Facebook profile
How to convert Facebook Profile to Page
Before proceeding to the process of converting Facebook Profile to Page, you should know what all information will be transferred from your Profile to Page when you convert and what all information will be removed or lost while conversion.
What all will be transferred when Facebook personal account is converted to Page ?
- As already mentioned above all your friends and followers will be converted to people who like your Page.
- Your username will become your Page’s Username
- Your current Profile picture will become your Page’s Profile Picture
- You’ll continue with the same role on other Pages you manage
What all will be lost when you convert Facebook Profile to Page ?
- All the posts, Photos, Albums won’t be transferred and will be lost. Therefore, we will recommend you to download your Facebook data before proceeding with the conversion. In order to download your Facebook data go to Settings and select General. Click on download a copy of your Facebook data below General Account Settings. Proceed by clicking on Start My Archive which appears on the next screen.
- Apart from this you will lose admin status for any groups and Apps you manage from your personal account. So we recommend you to add new admins for those groups and Apps if any before proceeding to convert.
Finally you can proceed with converting your Facebook profile to Page by following the procedure given below :
- Login to your Facebook account
- Follow this link to start conversion – Profile to Page Migration Facebook
- Select the type of Page you want to convert to from the options present
- On selecting type of Page, choose the more specific category of your Page and click Get Started
Here you go! You have successfully converted your Facebook personal Profile to Page. We wish that all of your doubts relating to converting Facebook Profile to Page were cleared after reading this article and you were able to understand how to convert Facebook Profile to Page and successfully created a Facebook Page for your business by converting your Profile. Let us know if you face any problems.