As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking to add animated profile picture as your Facebook profile picture then, fortunately, you are at the right place. Here in this tutorial, you will learn how to use animated gif or video as your Facebook profile picture. The feature was released last year in 2015 and was first launched only for Facebook iOS App. However, it is now available for Android as well. So, let us go ahead with the procedure to set animated gif Facebook profile picture.
Have you ever come across Facebook profile pictures(similar to the one below) which are animated, something like GIF or videos?
Well, don’t feel jealous as you too can set videos as your Facebook profile picture. This is only possible from the Android and iOS app. Currently, you cannot set videos as Facebook profile picture from Facebook website. But, do not get worried as the profile video is viewable on Facebook Web.
Animated GIF Facebook Profile Picture : iOS
In order to set Facebook animated gif profile pic on iOS App use the steps below.
1. Open Facebook app and of course, you should be logged in to your Facebook account.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner and select your Name to go to your Profile screen.
3. Under your profile, tap on profile pic and select either Take a New Profile Video or Select Profile Video.
4. For this article, I will make use of Select Profile video option. The meaning is self-explanatory and you will have to select a video from Camera roll which was already recorded earlier.
5. Select the desired video. Now the point to note is that maximum length of video you can upload as Facebook profile pic is 7 seconds.
6. Therefore, you will get an option to Trim video if it is more than 7 seconds. You can select the specific part of the video you desire to upload as the profile picture.
7. If desired you may use Crop option to crop the video. Additionally, you do have the option to turn off sound in Video as well if desired. Tap on Sound Tab and select OFF if you wish to turn off sound in the video.
8. After you’re done with all these settings, tap on Next at the top right corner.
9. Select Thumbnail from the video, which will act as profile picture when the video isn’t playing. Next, select Use at the top right corner.
With this, you have successfully uploaded an animated gif Facebook profile pic on iPhone/iPad.
Facebook animated gif profile pic : Android
The steps are the almost similar to iOS.
1. Open Facebook app and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select your Name to view your Profile.
2. On your profile, tap on your profile pic and select either Take a New Profile Video or Select Profile Video.
After this, you may refer to the steps given above for iOS. They remain same for Android as well with minute differences.
For now, this feature isn’t available for Facebook cover photos. However, you can go ahead and spice up your profile by adding profile video.
With this, we come to an end of this tutorial. Share it with your Facebook friends and help them in uploading animated profile picture on Facebook.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.