As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is your Facebook account hacked or is someone using it without your permission? Did someone change your name on Facebook without your consent?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you are in the right place. Because if someone has hacked into your account and changed your name then you will have to wait for 60 days to change it back. According to Facebook guidelines, you cannot change your name again before 60 days.
But in this article, we will show you a workaround that will allow you to change your name on Facebook without waiting for 60 days. Also, we will show you the basics of how to change your name on Facebook.
Recommended: How To Turn Off Facebook Posts Tabs
Steps To Change Your Name On Facebook
In The Mobile App (Video)
Here’s how you do it in Android:
For the step-by-step instructions, we will use an iPhone.
1. Open the Facebook app and select the three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner (iOS) or on the top right corner in case of Android.
2. Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy and select Settings.
3. Now, under Account Settings select Personal information.
4. Here tap on Name under General.
5. Now, you can enter the desired new name in First name, Middle name, and Surname fields respectively. Then tap on Review Change.
6. Similar to the process on the Facebook website select the order of First, last and Middle name. Finally, enter your Facebook password and select Save changes.
With the above methods, you can easily change your name on the Facebook app as well as from the Web. Now, let us dive into the second part of this tutorial which shares a trick that allows you to change the name on Facebook before 60 days limit if someone has changed it without your permission.
In the Web App
1. Open Facebook on a web browser and log in to your account.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right corner and select Settings from the menu.
3. Under General Settings, click on Edit to the right of Name.
4. Enter the desired name and click on Review Change.
5. Select the order in which your First, last and Middle Name will be displayed. Enter your Facebook password and click Save Changes.
Recommended: How to Report Fake News on Facebook
Change Facebook Name Before 60 Days
You can’t change the name again using the steps above if you’ve changed it in the last 60 days. If you try to do so, you’ll get the following message:
“You can’t change your name on Facebook at this time because you’ve changed it in the last 60 days. You can still change the order.”
However, you can switch back to the previous name within 48 hours of a name change. For that, you’ll get an option just below the message (shown above) under Name in General account settings. Click or tap on Use Previous Name.
Next, enter your password and again click on Use Previous Name.
Now, if you were not able to switch to the previous name within 48 hours of name change then you can follow the steps below to change the name without waiting for 60 days.
1. You can log in to your Facebook account, and in another tab, you need to open this link (It will automatically open in a new tab, so you just need to click on it.)
2. Now, select I don’t see the right option on this list and click on Continue.
3. Click on Get Started on the next page.
4. Next, click on Continue. On the next page, change your Facebook password and click Next or Continue.
5. This is the most important step. You will be shown all the names you have used with your Facebook account in the past. Select the name you wish to use and click Next.
6. On the next two screens, click Skip.
Finally, click on Go to News Feed and you’re done. You have successfully changed your Facebook name before 60 days limit.
Note: You can follow the same steps on Android and iOS app to change your name before the 60 days limit as the steps are exactly the same for both the Facebook website and mobile app.
More Facebook Tricks
Here are a few more handpicked Facebook tutorials for you.
With this trick, you can change your name on Facebook without waiting for 60 days. But you should keep in mind that you can only change the name to any of the previous names used by you on your Facebook account. It is recommended to keep changing your Facebook password at regular intervals to prevent it from getting hacked or any other kind of misuse. If you found this trick useful, share it with your friends on Facebook.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.