Instagram and Facebook are the most popular platforms that have plenty of interesting content shared on them every single day. And if you use other apps like WhatsApp then why not give it more eyeballs by sharing it there. In this tutorial, we have mentioned how you can share Instagram and Facebook photos, videos or stories on other platforms. In particular, you’ll learn about the following:
Share Instagram Photos or Videos on WhatsApp Status or With Contacts
- Share Video From Facebook To WhatsApp
1. Share Instagram Photos Or Videos On WhatsApp
Please note that you won’t be able to share someone else’s posts if their account is Private. You can always share your own posts or of others who have a Public profile.
Because of the fact that Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook, there has been a lot of integration done between the three apps. Stories like status on WhatsApp & Facebook was mirrored from Instagram stories. To bring the apps even closer, the Instagram app supports sharing on WhatsApp. Here’s how.
The method is the same for both Android & iPhone with a few cosmetic changes.
1. Launch the Instagram app and go the desired post you wish to share on WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the 3 dots on the top right of the photo or video and select Share on WhatsApp.
3. WhatsApp will open and now you can select My status to post it as your WhatsApp Story. Or select the desired contacts/groups to send it to them in chat.
Apart from WhatsApp, you will also find an option to share on Facebook Messenger as well. The Messenger sharing feature is also there on iOS app for both photos and videos.
Only the link with a thumbnail is shared so the users with whom the post is shared will still have to navigate to Instagram to view the actual video.
To overcome this, you can download the Instagram post and then send it on WhatsApp.
Download & Send Photos/Videos From Instagram On WhatsApp Status or Contacts
- Install Easy Downloader for Instagram app. I recommend you to use the following link to go to the correct app on the Play Store.
- After installing the app all you need is the link to the Instagram video. For that, open the Easy Downloader app and tap on the Instagram icon at the top.
- This will take you to the Instagram app where you can tap on the 3 dots menu at the top right of the desired post and select Copy Share URL.
That’s all you need to do. Easy Downloader app will take care of the rest. Bring up the notification tray and you will see the Instagram post downloading. Once it is downloaded it should be a piece of cake for you now to send the video or photo from Gallery to your WhatsApp Status or contacts.
- Download Regrammer from the
- Next, open Instagram app and tap on the 3 dots above the desired photo or video and select Copy Link.
- Now, launch Regrammer app and the copied link will be pasted automatically into the text field from the clipboard. Tap on Preview.
- The app will fetch the photo or video from Instagram. Tap on Share icon just below where the post is loaded and select Save Video or Save Image.
The Instagram photo or video will be saved to the Camera Roll. You can now easily send the Instagram post on WhatsApp.
2. Share Facebook Video On WhatsApp
I have listed down methods for Android and iPhone via which you will be easily able to send Facebook videos to WhatsApp.
1) This is a bit manual way where you need to first download video from Facebook on your Android device. You can use the below app to download Facebook videos.
Its developer’s name is Giannz. It is my favorite Facebook video downloader app. There are many reasons for that. On other apps, you have to search the video that you want to download. In this app, you can easily find the videos from the sections like ‘Watched Videos’, ‘Liked Videos’ or ‘Saved Videos’ etc.
Also, when you download a video, there is an option to choose the quality and destination file of the video. You can also rename the video before downloading it.
App link: Android
2) Next, open your WhatsApp app.
3) Open the chat with whom you want to share & tap on the attachment icon.
4) From there you can tap on videos, it will navigate you to the gallery from where you can select the downloaded video you want to share.
For iPhone/iPad, use File Manager app like Filemaster to download the video.
- To get started, install the FileMaster from the following link. It is a free app.
- Now, launch the Facebook app and go the desired video you wish to download.
- Tap on Share at the bottom right of the video and select Copy Link.
- Now, head over to FileMaster app. Tap on the Browser tab at the bottom row.
- Clear the default URL. Tap on the address bar in the browser and select Paste from the context menu. Hit Go.
- Select the video to Play it. The video will start playing. Tap on Done at the top left to come out of the Player.
- Now, the grayed out downloaded icon will be activated and animated at the same time. Tap on it.
- Give the desired name to the video and select Confirm.
The Facebook video will start downloading. You can view it anytime from the Filemaster app after it is downloaded. Similarly, you can save other Facebook videos to your iOS device.
After you have downloaded the Facebook video then you can easily send the video through WhatsApp on iPhone using the Filemaster app.
This is how you can send Instagram, Facebook photos and videos on WhatsApp manually. These methods will work for iPhone as well as for Android devices. Do you know of any other way to share Facebook videos on WhatsApp? Let us know in the comments.