Instagram being the most popular photo-sharing app has plenty of interesting content shared on it every single day. And if you use other platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp then why not give it more eyeballs by sharing it there. In this tutorial, we have mentioned how you can share Instagram photos, videos or stories on other platforms. In particular, you’ll learn about the following:
Share Instagram Photos or Videos on WhatsApp Status or With Contacts
How To Share Someone’s Instagram Posts on Facebook
Share Your Instagram Posts on Facebook Page/Timeline
How To Share Your Instagram Stories on Facebook
Please note that you won’t be able to share someone else’s posts if their account is Private. You can always share your own posts or of others who have a Public profile.
Because of the fact that Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook, there has been a lot of integration done between the three apps. Stories like status on WhatsApp & Facebook was mirrored from Instagram stories. To bring the three apps even closer, the Instagram app supports sharing on WhatsApp and Facebook. Here’s how.
1. Share Instagram Photos Or Videos On WhatsApp
The method is the same for both Android & iPhone with a few cosmetic changes.
1. Launch the Instagram app and go the desired post you wish to share on WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the 3 dots on the top right of the photo or video and select Share on WhatsApp.
3. WhatsApp will open and now you can select My status to post it as your WhatsApp Story. Or select the desired contacts/groups to send it to them in chat.
Apart from WhatsApp, you will also find an option to share on Facebook Messenger as well. The Messenger sharing feature is also there on iOS app for both photos and videos.
Only the link with a thumbnail is shared so the users with whom the post is shared will still have to navigate to Instagram to view the actual video.
To overcome this, you can download the Instagram post and then send it on WhatsApp.
Download & Send Photos/Videos From Instagram On WhatsApp Status or Contacts
- Install Easy Downloader for Instagram app. I recommend you to use the following link to go to the correct app on the Play Store.
- After installing the app all you need is the link to the Instagram video. For that, open the Easy Downloader app and tap on the Instagram icon at the top.
- This will take you to the Instagram app where you can tap on the 3 dots menu at the top right of the desired post and select Copy Share URL.
That’s all you need to do. Easy Downloader app will take care of the rest. Bring up the notification tray and you will see the Instagram post downloading. Once it is downloaded it should be a piece of cake for you now to send the video or photo from Gallery to your WhatsApp Status or contacts.
- Download Regrammer from the
- Next, open Instagram app and tap on the 3 dots above the desired photo or video and select Copy Link.
- Now, launch Regrammer app and the copied link will be pasted automatically into the text field from the clipboard. Tap on Preview.
- The app will fetch the photo or video from Instagram. Tap on Share icon just below where the post is loaded and select Save Video or Save Image.
The Instagram photo or video will be saved to the Camera Roll. You can now easily send the Instagram post on WhatsApp.
2. Share Someone’s Instagram Posts on Facebook
Method 1: Using Android/iPhone App
- Go the desired post in your news feed or from someone’s profile.
- Once you are there tap on the 3 dots and select Copy Link. Now, head over to Facebook app and paste the copied URL in the clipboard on the status field of your page or timeline. Alternatively, you can also select Share Link… (Android) or Share to… (iOS) directly and select Facebook from the sharing options. But in this case, you can only post to your Timeline.
- In any case, Facebook will fetch the URL and generate the preview for the Instagram post. You can then remove the URL or let it be there. Finally hit Post.
The post on Facebook will have a thumbnail and a link to the Instagram post. Here’s how it will look.
Method 2: iOS App
- On iPhone, there is one more option. After tapping on 3 dots above the post you can select Share to Facebook.
- A pop-up window will appear with the sharing option. Tap on Post to share it on Facebook directly without navigating away from Instagram.
Method 3: Desktop Browser
- Visit the Instagram website(instagram.com) from your favorite browser and log in to your account.
- Go to the profile of the post owner.
- Under their profile click on the desired photo or video you want to share.
- When the post is opened, copy the URL from the browser’s address bar.
- Paste it to your Facebook business page or personal timeline.
These were the ways you can easily share someone’s Instagram posts on Facebook.
3. Share Your Instagram Posts on Facebook Page/Timeline
If you wish to post the same photo/video to Facebook which you shared on Instagram then there is no need to do it manually. There is a way with which you can easily automate this process using the simple steps we have mentioned here.
To start with, you will have to link your Instagram account to Facebook account.
Link Instagram Account To Facebook
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Under your profile, tap on the Hamburger icon(Settings) at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
3. Next, select Linked Accounts.
4. After that, tap on Facebook.
Log in to your Facebook account and allow access to Instagram.
With this, you have linked your Instagram account to Facebook. But there is an important setting to configure if you wish to post Instagram photos to the Facebook page and not your personal account timeline.
Share Instagram Photos On Facebook Page
Continuing after the 4th step above, select Facebook.
On the next screen, you will observe that Share to field is set to Timeline Or Profile by default. You will be able to see other pages which you manage. Select the one where you wish to share Instagram posts.
Go back to save the changes.
You can also enable Share Your Posts to Facebook. If you turn it on then your posts will be shared automatically on Facebook. You can always change it while you’re about to post. But by default, the sharing will be turned on.
That is all there is to it. You can always go back to sharing Instagram posts to your personal Facebook account/Timeline or other pages under the Facebook screen. It is also possible to Unlink Facebook account altogether from the same location if desired.
Please note that linking Facebook account and configuring this setting doesn’t mean that all your posts on Instagram will be shared to Facebook. It depends on your choice as there is an option to choose to post on Facebook or not while uploading every Instagram post.
Depending on your requirement while posting on Instagram you can toggle Facebook to ON or OFF.
4. Share Instagram Stories On Facebook
If you want to enable sharing of all Instagram stories to the Facebook story then you can enable Share Your Story to Facebook like posts by navigating to Settings > Linked Accounts > Facebook > Share Your Story to Facebook.
Similar to posts you can always change it while you are sharing your story on Instagram.
We hope that you were able to share Instagram photos, videos or stories on WhatsApp or Facebook. If you face any issues then feel free to drop a comment below.