Instagram and Facebook are the most popular platforms that have plenty of interesting content shared on them every single day.
And if you use other apps like WhatsApp then why not give it more eyeballs by sharing it there. In this tutorial, we have mentioned how you can share Instagram and Facebook photos, videos, or stories on other platforms.
Please note that you won’t be able to share someone else’s posts if their account is private. You can always share your own posts or of others who have a public profile.
Because of the fact that Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook, there has been a lot of integration done between the three apps. Stories-like status on WhatsApp and Facebook were mirrored from Instagram stories. To bring the apps even closer, the Instagram app supports sharing on WhatsApp. Here’s how.
The method is the same for both Android and iPhone with a few cosmetic changes.
- Launch the Instagram app and go to the desired post you wish to share on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right of the photo or video and tap Share To.
- WhatsApp will open and now you can select desired contacts/groups to send it to them in chat. In a past version of the app, WhatsApp allowed to add Instagram posts to one’s status, unfortunately, they removed this feature.
- Tap on Next.
- Then tap Send to proceed.
Apart from WhatsApp, you will also find an option to share on Facebook Messenger as well. The Messenger sharing feature is also there on iOS app for both photos and videos.
Only the link with a thumbnail is shared so the users with whom the post is shared will still have to navigate to Instagram to view the actual video.
To overcome this, you can download the Instagram post and then send it on WhatsApp.
- Download Repost: For Instagram from the App Store.
- Next, open the Instagram app and then look for a desired post or photo that you want to send through WhatsApp.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the upper right part of the post and then tap on Copy Link.
4. Launch the Repost app, and then wait for it to automatically detect the post you copied. Tap on the post once it appears.
5. Once open, you can choose to remove, reposition, or change the color of the attribution mark by selecting the marked area. Otherwise, tap on the Share button at the upper right to save the photos.
6. If you have selected a post with multiple photos, Repost will ask you if you want to save the current photo or all of the photos. If it is only one photo, it will automatically save on your Camera Roll.
That’s all you need to do. The Instagram photo or video will be saved to the Camera Roll and you can now easily send it to anyone on WhatsApp.
Everything is essentially the same for the Android version of the app.
Just download Repost for Instagram on the Play Store, follow the steps, and you are good to go.
This is how you can send Instagram photos and videos on WhatsApp manually. These methods will work for iPhone as well as for Android devices. If you are looking to sharing Facebook videos on WhatsApp, check this post!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.