As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instagram and Facebook are the most popular platforms that have plenty of interesting content shared on them every single day.
And if you use other apps like WhatsApp then why not give it more eyeballs by sharing it there. In this tutorial, we have mentioned how you can share Instagram and Facebook photos, videos, or stories on other platforms.
Share Instagram Photos Or Videos On WhatsApp
Please note that you won’t be able to share someone else’s posts if their account is private. You can always share your own posts or of others who have a Public profile.
Because of the fact that Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook, there has been a lot of integration done between the three apps. Stories like status on WhatsApp & Facebook was mirrored from Instagram stories. To bring the apps even closer, the Instagram app supports sharing on WhatsApp. Here’s how.
The method is the same for both Android & iPhone with a few cosmetic changes.
1. Launch the Instagram app and go the desired post you wish to share on WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the 3 dots on the top right of the photo or video and select Share on WhatsApp.
3. WhatsApp will open and now you can select My status to post it as your WhatsApp Story. Or select the desired contacts/groups to send it to them in chat.
Apart from WhatsApp, you will also find an option to share on Facebook Messenger as well. The Messenger sharing feature is also there on iOS app for both photos and videos.
Only the link with a thumbnail is shared so the users with whom the post is shared will still have to navigate to Instagram to view the actual video.
To overcome this, you can download the Instagram post and then send it on WhatsApp.
Download & Send Photos/Videos From Instagram On WhatsApp Status or Contacts
- Install Easy Downloader for Instagram app. I recommend you to use the following link to go to the correct app on the Play Store.
- After installing the app all you need is the link to the Instagram video. For that, open the Easy Downloader app and tap on the Instagram icon at the top.
- This will take you to the Instagram app where you can tap on the 3 dots menu at the top right of the desired post and select Copy Share URL.
That’s all you need to do. Easy Downloader app will take care of the rest. Bring up the notification tray and you will see the Instagram post downloading. Once it is downloaded it should be a piece of cake for you now to send the video or photo from Gallery to your WhatsApp Status or contacts.
- Download Regrammer from the
- Next, open Instagram app and tap on the 3 dots above the desired photo or video and select Copy Link.
- Now, launch Regrammer app and the copied link will be pasted automatically into the text field from the clipboard. Tap on Preview.
- The app will fetch the photo or video from Instagram. Tap on Share icon just below where the post is loaded and select Save Video or Save Image.
The Instagram photo or video will be saved to the Camera Roll. You can now easily send the Instagram post on WhatsApp.
This is how you can send Instagram photos and videos on WhatsApp manually. These methods will work for iPhone as well as for Android devices. If you are looking to sharing Facebook videos on WhatsApp, check this post!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.