As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As you land on this page it is most probably you are looking to monitor WhatsApp messages, track calls, text messages, emails, track Facebook messages on an Android smartphone or iPhone owned by your kid, family member, loved one or an employee.
The question going through everyone’s mind must be: Can you monitor WhatsApp messages?
The answer to this is Yes!
We are going to let you know exactly how to track WhatsApp messages, call logs, text messages, emails, Facebook Messages, GPS location, Snapchat, Skype, Viber and more on an iPhone or Android Smartphone.
Why Track WhatsApp Messages / Monitor Smartphone?
Before proceeding forward we would like to explain the significance of tracking/monitoring Android smartphone or an iPhone.
Kids / Children
In today’s world, children are given smartphones at a pretty early age.
Approximately, 77% of children between age 12-17 years own a cell phone. No one will leave their kids alone with a stranger then why leave them unsupervised online where they are contacting many so-called friends(many may be bad) or strangers. Ignoring this aspect may leave children making wrong choices for themselves and indulge in activities that are not good for their future.
To avoid all of this, track/monitor your children smartphones for WhatsApp messages, text messages, calls, GPS location and more.
If your business demands to provide your employee with a smartphone then it may happen that the employee is not producing expected results. Therefore, it is necessary to know if the employee is not wasting time on other things like WhatsApp, Facebook, unnecessary calls and text messages.
How To Track WhatsApp Messages?
Now, when you know why is tracking/monitoring of smartphone is so important then let us look at how to achieve it.
mSpy Setup And Installation On The Target Device
After purchasing the desired subscription, you will receive your mSpy account details to the email you provided.
Here’s what you do next:
- Click on Login.
- Next, enter your credentials and click Login.
- When you log into your mSpy account for the first time you will have to add a target device (smartphone whose activity you want to monitor). Even though mSpy has mentioned the method for setting up the target phone clearly in your account, still you can go through the following few steps for more understanding before you buy the mSpy license.
- I have to say that the setup wizard has explained everything clearly with screenshots so you should not face any issues whatsoever while installing mSpy on the target device. Here’s a quick overview. First, type the name of the child and age. Most importantly, select the type of smartphone – Android or iPhone/iPad(No Jailbreak or Jailbreak) and click on Proceed.
The next steps will vary depending on the device type selected above.
- You need to have physical access to the target Android phone. Once you have it, enable installation of apps from Unknown Sources ( Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources).
- Also, you will have to disable Google Play Protect on the target device. You can do that by going to Settings > Security > Disable Google Play Protect or Settings > Google > Security > Turn Off Google Play Protect.
- After that, click on Proceed in your mSpy account.
- The next screen in your mSpy account will show you a URL. You need to type that URL in your target Android phone Chrome browser. Important: Using the Chrome browser is mandatory. After typing the URL tap on Go.
- When the URL loads, it will ask you to enter the captcha. Verify it and tap on Download.
- With this, the APK file will start downloading. After the download is completed tap on the notification in notification bar. Tap on Next to start the installation.
- After successful installation, open the app. Select the checkbox next to Accept license agreement. You will also find an option to hide or show the mSpy app icon on the target device. Select as desired.
- Next, you need to enter a registration code. You can get it from your mSpy account and type it on the target device. Tap on Complete Installation.
- Now, come back to your mSpy account and select the checkbox for – “I understand the importance of this information and want to:“. Click on Proceed.
- The next screen will let you know that mSpy has been installed successfully on the target device and ask you to restart the target phone. Click on Finish to go to your mSpy dashboard.
In our case, it took approximately 90 minutes for the smartphone data like call logs, text Messages and contacts information to be fetched and shown in the mSpy account. So, be patient after completing the setup process.
Here is how the dashboard will look like.
- I have selected iPhone/iPad (no Jailbreak) for this tutorial. The following prerequisites should be met to track iPhone without jailbreak using mSpy.
- iCloud backup should be enabled on the target device. You can check this by going to Settings > Tap on the name of the owner at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup should be enabled. Moreover, the device should be backed up on iCloud.
- You should have the target iOS device Apple ID and password.
- Physical access is required if the target device has activated two-factor authentication.
- Click on Proceed in your mSpy account.
- Next, enter the target iPhone/iPad Apple ID and password. Click on Verify and wait for the verification to complete.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled on the target iPhone you will see a pop-up in your mSpy account as shown below. Click on Send code.
- Tap on Allow on the target device to get the verification code.
- Next, type the code shown on the target phone in your mSpy account and click Verify.
- Now, mSpy will fetch and show you the iCloud backup of the target device. Click on Proceed. Please note that, if it is the first time iPhone has been backed up to iCloud then it will take up to 24 hours (from the time it was backed up) for mSpy to detect it.
- The next screen will inform you about the fact that the data you see in mSpy account depends on the iCloud backup. Click on Finish to complete setup.
- Now, wait for mSpy to process the iCloud backup and show the target iPhone/iPad data in your account. In my case, it took approximately 24 hours for the mSpy account to show the information.
Here’s what dashboard will look like in case of non-jailbreak iOS device.
Track WhatsApp Messages On iPhone & Android
Once you get the data in your mSpy dashboard, click on WhatsApp on the left sidebar. You will be able to see all the WhatsApp conversations backed up to iCloud.
Click on the desired chat to see the conversations inside them.
The beauty of mSpy application is that you can track WhatsApp messages in an iPhone without jailbreak.
On top of that, you can track WhatsApp messages of others without target phone. To monitor an iPhone without jailbreak using mSpy all you need is iCloud credentials of the device to be monitored. And it can be tracked without installing mSpy software/app. Other conditions mentioned above.
However, if the iCloud backup is not enabled on the device to be monitored then you will need physical access to turn it on.
Of course, for without jailbreak iPhone, the monitored features will be limited to the ones given below.
- Call Logs
- Texts Messages
- Browser History
- Wi-Fi Networks
For monitoring jailbreak iPhone installing the mSpy application on the device to be monitored is mandatory. mSpy has more advanced features for monitoring Jailbreak iPhone as listed below.
- GPS Location Tracking
- Browser History
- Calendar Activities
- Chat Apps: Snapchat, Skype, Social Networks, Viber
- Instagram Tracker – Direct Messages
- Call & Website Blocking
- Device Wipeout
The Android device needs to be rooted if you want to spy on instant messengers like WhatsApp, FB Messenger etc. using mSpy. After rooting the target Android device select WhatsApp on the left sidebar in the mSpy account to spy on WhatsApp messages.
If you are looking to specifically spy on WhatsApp calls then, you will have to root or jailbreak target Android/iOS device. After that, you will be able to see all the incoming/made and outgoing/received WhatsApp call logs or history on the target phone remotely from your dashboard.
mSpy Key Features
- WhatsApp Monitoring – Acts as a WhatsApp spy application and allows access to all WhatsApp chat remotely from your mSpy Control Panel.
- Text Messages
- Track Call Logs – View all incoming/outgoing calls with their time duration and time stamp. Allows full phone call monitoring.
- Photos & Videos
- GPS tracking – to ensure that kid, loved one or employee is at the location where he/she is supposed to be.
- SMS/Email Monitoring
- Skype/Snapchat/Viber/Facebook Monitoring
- Key Logger – Allows viewing all the text entered on the monitored device(phone/tablet) remotely.
- Geo-Fencing – This a very useful feature which will alert/notify if the device is out of the zone/area it is supposed to be, also view/track when and how often a zone is visited.
- Access Web History
1. To get started Purchase mSpy for Phones by clicking the button below.
Choose your subscription plan according to your requirement and budget. Fill out your personal details and make sure to provide a valid email address where installation instructions will be sent once payment is made and confirmed.
2. Install and Set up mSpy – Procedure explained in detail above.
3. Start Tracking – Once mSpy is installed and setup on the monitored device, you will be able to monitor the activities of the device remotely via your mSpy account.
Get more details about mSpy features and live demo on their official website.
We wish that your this article helped in answering and resolving your queries regarding tracking WhatsApp messages. Don’t forget to go through the FAQ section below to further clear any doubts or questions you might be having.
Based on the comments and queries we have been getting, I have composed a quick FAQ which should help you to get answers to most of your questions.
Where Should The mSpy App Be Installed?
mSpy has to be installed on the target device. The smartphone you want to monitor or spy.
Do You Require Physical Access To The Target Device?
If the target device is Android then you need it physically to install mSpy. Once mSpy is installed then you no longer need to have it with you.
If the smartphone you wish to track is running on iOS then you don’t need physical access as there is no need to install mSpy. All you need is the iCloud credentials of the account used on the target device. This will work only if the iCloud backup is enabled on the iPhone to be monitored. Please note that, if two-factor authentication is enabled then you will have to disable it or need the code when you add the device to your mSpy account.
To spy on advanced features on iPhone you will have to jailbreak the iPhone and in that case, you need to access the device to install mSpy.
Should The Android device Be Rooted To Track WhatsApp Messages?
Yes, in order to spy on WhatsApp messages you need to root target Android phone.
Is It Required To Jailbreak iPhone To Spy On WhatsApp Messages?
No, there is no need to jailbreak in order to read target iOS device WhatsApp messages remotely. iCloud backup has to be enabled, though.
How And Where Will You See The Target Smartphone Activity?
After purchasing mSpy, you will get the login credentials for the mSpy dashboard. In your dashboard, you can see all the activities of the target device. This allows you to spy on the smartphone remotely.
Can You Hide The mSpy App On The Target Phone?
Yes, you do get the option to keep or hide the mSpy app icon during the installation process. You can always change your decision whenever desired from your mSpy dashboard.
Can mSpy Monitor WhatsApp Calls?
Yes, mSpy can keep track of WhatsApp call history. But the target device has to be rooted or jailbroken to track that data.
Phonexa: Call Tracking Software For Websites
If you are looking for a solution to track calls that come through your website, check out phonexa.com. They offer a feature called Call Logic. It’s a call tracking platform that helps you manage and track business calls in an efficient way. You’ll get detailed insights into the caller behavior and demographics so that you can optimize your marketing campaigns better.
Apart from sophisticated stats, Call Logic offers other features such as interactive voice response, call recording, voice recognition, predictive modeling, and more. It’s a great platform and is a must if your business is phone-oriented.
Tracking WhatsApp Messages: Final Words
We hope you liked our tutorial. Let us know in case of any further doubts or queries in the comments below. Also, share your experience if you have already used mSpy.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.