Ever since Instagram Stories feature was launched I am using and exploring it a lot and here in this article, I have come up with a few tricks which will let you hide Instagram Story seen from another user’s Story. This means that you can use the methods mentioned here to view someone’s Instagram story without notifying them on the Instagram website, Android and iOS app.
Hide Seen from Instagram Story
You can hide Instagram Story from specific followers and know who all have viewed your story. However, did you ever wish that you could hide seen from an Instagram story? Which means that even if you view other users Instagram story they still won’t get your seen on their story. Yes, it is possible. I tried out a few ways and fortunately found a few which work. So let’s get the ball rolling.
Method 1: View Someone’s Instagram Story without Notifying Them on The Web
This method makes use of the Instagram website to view others Instagram stories without notifying.
To take advantage of this you need to use Chrome browser. So, if you don’t have it yet then this should be a good enough reason to install it on your PC/Mac.
Now, add Chrome IG Story extension to your browser from the following link.
Open Instagram website and log in to your account. If you had it already opened then reload the web page.
Instagram stories of all users you follow will appear. You can click on the desired stories to view them.
Viewing anyone’s Instagram stories on the Web using this trick doesn’t notify them. On top of that, it also possible to download someone’s Instagram Stories without notifying using this extension.
If you wish to view others stories on a smartphone without notifying then you may use method 2 mentioned below.
Method 2: View anyone’s Instagram Story without them knowing in Android
If you are an Android user then you can also use an app to see someone’s Instagram Story without letting them know. Follow the below steps.
1) Download Story Saver for Instagram app to your Android device.
2) Next, you have to log in using your Instagram account.
3) After this, you will see the Instagram stories of all the users you are following. Tap on any story to view them and you can even long tap to download it on your device. Viewing story using this app will hide your seen from their Instagram stories.
Method 3: See Someone’s Instagram Story Without following and letting them know on iPhone/iPad
1. If you are an iOS user download
InstaStory app on the App Store from the following link.
Update: The app has been removed from App Store. But I have a work around which is mentioned below in method 4 that works great to view stories on iOS devices.
2. Open the app and search for the user whose story you wish to see. You need not even follow that user(provided the account is public) to view their Story using this app.
If you don’t remember the username and are following them on Instagram then log in with your Instagram credentials in the app. After successful login, you will be able to see the Instagram Story of all the users you are following.
3. Tap on the user in the search results and you will be able to see all the photos and videos uploaded in that story. Select the desired photo/video. You will be able to see it with an option save it.
Even though you view or save the story the owner won’t be notified.
Method 4: See Others Instagram Story without letting them Know on iPhone/Android
1. Visit storiesig.com on Safari or any browser you wish to use.
2. Type the username of the person whose story you want to view. It is not mandatory for you to follow that person in order to view their story using this website. As you type you will see suggested users. Tap on the desired one.
3. If that user has a public account and has uploaded story then all the media files in the story will be listed. You can tap on the respective file to view. It is also possible to save them.
Here is another useful tutorial for Instagram story: Add posts in Instagram stories from Gallery
We wish that the tricks mentioned were useful and interesting for you. Share it with your friends on Instagram and let them know about these Instagram hacks.