Ever since Instagram Stories feature was launched I am using and exploring it a lot and here in this article, I have come up with a few tricks which will let you hide Instagram Story seen from another user’s story. This means that you can use the methods mentioned here to view someone’s Instagram story without notifying them on the Instagram website, Android and iOS smartphones. Moreover, it is possible to watch the stories of people without even following them but that is of course only possible for public accounts.
In case you have already accidentally viewed someone’s story on the Instagram app and looking to delete or undo your seen from the viewer’s list then also we’ve got you covered. We will start with the same here.
1. Delete Or Undo Seen From Instagram Story
At times, it happens we view stories by mistake and at the same time, we don’t want the owner to know. The good news is that you can hide your view. Whether the profile whose story you have viewed is private or public the process to remove your seen remains the same. Here’s how.
The steps are the same and applicable for both Android and iOS devices. So, let’s get on with it.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to the profile of the user whose story you viewed.
2. Now, tap on the 3 dots at the top right and select Block.
3. Confirm your decision by selecting Block.
That’s all you need to do. Basically, blocking the owner of the story will remove your view from their story. But there’s a catch.
As soon as you unblock that particular user, your view will come back and appear again in the story viewers list. So, to counter this keep that person blocked until their story(photo/video) expires which you viewed. This means the maximum time you need to wait before unblocking them is 24 hours.
To unblock someone, go to your profile and tap on the Hamburger menu icon at the top right and select Settings.
Next, tap on Blocked Users/Accounts.
Now, select that specific user. This will take you to their profile. Tap on 3 dots at top right on their profile and select Unblock. Confirm the same on the next pop-up box.
After that story has expired, you will have to follow them(if you were following them earlier) again as blocking someone removes them from your following. Another thing you should know is that blocking someone will make them unfollow you(if they were following you earlier). So, you stand a risk of losing a follower in case they don’t follow you afterward.
Now, let’s look at the several methods you can use to see someone’s story anonymously.
2. Hide Seen From Instagram Story
You can hide or block Instagram Story from specific followers and also know who all have viewed your story. However, did you ever wish to watch Instagram stories anonymously? In other words, do you want to view other users Instagram story and at the same time don’t let them know? Yes, it is possible. I tried out a few ways and fortunately found a few which work. So let’s get the ball rolling.
Method 1: View Someone’s Instagram Story Without Notifying Them On The Web
This method makes use of the Instagram website to view others Instagram stories without notifying.
To take advantage of this you need to use Chrome browser. So, if you don’t have it yet then this should be a good enough reason to install it on your PC/Mac. Once done, follow the steps below.
- Add Chrome IG Story extension to your browser from the following link.
- Open Instagram website and log in to your account. If you had it already opened then reload the web page.
- As you might already know that Instagram website shows the stories of the people you follow on the right-hand side of your feed. However, when you install Chrome IG Story you will have to see the stories using the Chrome IG Story extension. In order to do that, click on the Chrome IG Story icon at the top next to address bar.
- After you do that, the stories and live videos from the people you follow will appear in the window. Now, before viewing any story from this window make sure the eye icon is slashed. It indicates that anonymous viewing is enabled. You can do so by clicking on the eye icon.
- Next, you can click on the desired stories to watch them. Your view won’t be counted as long as the anonymous mode is activated. To confirm that, you can head back to the Instagram app and the story avatars of the accounts you viewed will still be highlighted with radiant colors and are not changed to grey. In case you don’t know, the stories you have viewed are highlighted in grey.
- If you face any issues while viewing the videos in the stories then click on the Popout icon. It will open a new window with all the stories from the users you follow listed. You will be able to view the stories without any issues here. You can even search stories for the users you don’t even follow from this screen.
It is possible to disable the anonymous mode by clicking on the eye icon again which is slashed this time.
Viewing anyone’s Instagram stories on the Web using this trick doesn’t notify them. On top of that, it also possible to download someone’s Instagram Stories without notifying using this extension.
For viewing stories on a smartphone without notifying you may use the methods mentioned below.
Method 2: Watch Anyone’s Instagram Stories Privately In Android
1) Download Story Saver for Instagram app from Play Store on your Android device.
2) Next, you have to log in to the app using your Instagram account.
3) After this, you will see the Instagram stories of all the users you are following. Tap on any story to view them and you can even long tap to download it on your device. Viewing story using this app will hide your seen from their Instagram stories.
Method 3: View Instagram Stories Without Following And Letting Them Know On iOS
1. iOS users can download Story Reposter for Instagram app. It is available for free on the App Store.
2. Open the app and type the username of the person whose story you wish to see. You need not even follow that user (provided the account is public) to view their Story using this app. The best part about this app is that it does not require you to login to your Instagram account. After entering the username tap on Search.
3. On the next screen, you will see the username of that person. Tap on it.
4. Next, it will show all the stories the user has uploaded with their respective timestamps. Tap on the desired media.
You can even download it to your iPhone by tapping on Share and selecting Save Image.
Even though you viewed or saved the story the owner won’t be notified.
Method 4: See Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing On iPhone/Android/PC/Mac Browser
1. Visit storiesig.com on any of your devices with your favorite browser. In this case, I have used Safari browser on my iPhone.
2. Type the username of the person whose story you want to view and tap return. It is not mandatory for you to follow that person in order to view their story using this website.
3. Next, tap on the user details. If that user has a public account and has uploaded story then all the media files in the story will be listed. You can tap on the respective file to view. It is also possible to save them.
Here is another useful tutorial for Instagram stories: Add posts in Instagram stories from Gallery
We wish that the tricks mentioned were useful and interesting for you. Share it with your friends on Instagram and let them know about these Instagram hacks.