The interface of the Instagram app is designed in such a sober and simple way that anyone can use it easily. But when we talk about the Block feature, there are things that each and every one of us needs to learn.
So in this article, we have shared several scenarios that may occur when it comes to blocking on Instagram. We will let you know, how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram and what happens when you block someone on Instagram. Also, we will provide links to the posts that will help you to learn more about blocking people from this social media platform.
What Happens When You Block Someone On Instagram
Is someone irritating you a lot with their spammy comments? Or they have been mentioning you on a lot of irrelevant posts? Or maybe you are a target of cyber-bullying, which is one of the real dangers of Instagram?
One way or another, you are no longer comfortable sharing your Instagram posts with these people. Well, if you don’t want to simply block their comments or remove them from your friend list (remember that they can send you a follow request again), the only way would be to block them from your Instagram account.
Now, if you want to know what happens when you block someone, read this:
- First of all, this user won’t get any notification to let them know that you have blocked them. This thing comes in your favor as, if the person on the other side is your friend, it makes you answerable to them. Moreover, it also feels awkward if that person gets a block notification from you.
- The user whom you blocked will be removed as your Instagram follower.
- As soon as you block an Instagram user, all the notifications from that user on your Instagram profile will be removed.
- All the person’s likes and previous comments (when not blocked) from the blocked profile on your posts will disappear automatically.
- You can still search for their username and find their account. But after blocking that person you will not be able to view their content. It will simply show Unblock at the place of Follow and No Posts Yet just below it.
Moreover, the number of followers and Following will appear as 0. The number of posts may stay the same or change or also drop to 0 – seems like Instagram handles the post count differently in each case.
- You cannot like or comment on their photos and videos after blocking them. Their posts are not viewable when the account is blocked in the first place.
- Similarly is the case for the person who is blocked. All the notifications that they received from your side will be removed from their profile.
- Sending Instagram Direct messages to the user you blocked is no longer possible. However, the older direct messages will stay preserved for both parties.
- Neither you nor the blocked person will be able to see the last active status in the Direct Messages.
- You won’t be able to view each other Instagram Stories when blocked. Also, if you watched their story before blocking, your view will also be removed from the viewer’s list.
- As for the existing group messages, they won’t be affected if the blocked person is a member of the same Instagram group chat. But you won’t be able to see new group messages from that person.
- If you like or comment on an Instagram post of a public account or a private account that you and the blocked account both follow, the blocked person will still be able to see those interactions.
- The blocked person will still be able to see your profile and profile picture.
This is all what happens when you block someone on IG.
If You Block Someone On Instagram Can They Still See Your Pictures?
If you block someone on Instagram, they cannot see your pictures. Moreover, the blocked user cannot comment and like your posts as they won’t be able to view them in the first place. Nor will they be able to send you new messages in Direct.
If Someone Blocked You On Instagram, Can They See Your Profile?
If someone blocked you on Instagram, they can see your profile including the profile so that they can unblock you later if they want to.
Does Blocking Someone On Instagram Delete Messages?
Blocking someone on Instagram does not delete messages. However, you won’t be able to see them because Instagram will hide them. Once you unblock the person, the messages will re-appear.
Instagram has shown inconsistent behavior and it keeps on varying depending on the platform Android or iOS you’re using it on.
That said, our guides including this one keep being updated with all the findings from the current version of the IG app. Based on that, you should be able to figure out if you’re blocked by someone and what happens when someone on Instagram blocks you.
If you wonder how blocking and unblocking someone or each other works, read this post about how to unblock someone on Instagram.
Please note that blocking or unblocking someone does not affect your or their ability to post IG pictures. If you cannot do that, check these solutions to see how to resolve the issue.
If you are wondering how to learn about the same thing on Facebook, read this tutorial.
If you found this guide useful then don’t forget to share it on social media platforms to help others out as well. In the case of any issue please drop a comment below.