This post is a continuation of our earlier article where we shared how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram. Unlike the previous article where we were figured out whether or not you are blocked by someone on Instagram, this one will let you know what happens when you block someone on Instagram.
Is someone irritating you a lot with their spammy comments? Or they have been mentioning you on a lot of irrelevant posts? You are no more comfortable sharing your posts with them. Well, the best option you have is to block them from your Instagram account. Now, if you want to know the impact it will have when you block them then follow the content below.
What happens if I block someone on Instagram?
1. Whenever you block anyone on Instagram, that user won’t get any notification to let them know that you have blocked them.
2. The user whom you blocked will be removed as your Instagram follower.
3. As soon as you block an Instagram user, the notifications from that user on your profile will be removed.
4. However, all the earlier comments and likes(when not blocked) from that user on your posts will still be there.
5. You can search, find and view the Instagram profile you have blocked. If the profile you blocked is public then you can even view their posts. Their profiles can also be visited by tapping on their username which is there in likes and comments on your posts.
6. You cannot like or comment on their photos and videos after blocking them. They are only viewable if the account is public of course.
7. Similar is the case for the person who is getting blocked. Notifications from you will be removed from their profile. However, your likes and comments on their posts will still exist.
If you block someone on Instagram can they still see your pictures?
Seventh and the eighth point will answer this question of yours.
8. No, the Instagram user you blocked cannot view your photos. Moreover, the user you blocked cannot comment and like your posts as they won’t be able to view them in the first place.
9. If the person whom you have blocked clear Instagram search history then they won’t be able to find your profile from the search bar. Although they can visit your profile by navigating to their posts and tapping on your username where you liked and commented earlier.
Another way the person whom you have blocked can view your profile is from the profile of common or a mutual friend. But in any case, they cannot see your posts.
10. Neither you nor the person whom you blocked will be able to send private messages to each other using Instagram Direct. I noticed one thing, though you or the other person will get a notification of the message if either of you messages but the actual message won’t be there.
Now an interesting question.
What happens if you block someone on Instagram then unblock them?
As I mentioned above, you can unblock a user whenever desired. In order to do so, visit the profile you have blocked and tap on Follow. That user will be unblocked automatically. In case, you don’t want to follow them and just want to unblock, then tap on 3 dots on their profile and select Unblock User.
After unblocking them here is what will happen.
1. All the notifications from that user will come back in your profile notifications area.
2. Similarly, notifications from you on their profile will come back too as soon as you unblock that user.
3. You can like, comment on each other profiles again if you have followed each other.
4. You and the other user can use Instagram Direct to send private messages to each other.
Here are a couple of more helpful Instagram tutorials for you.
This was all I had to share regarding what happens when you block someone on Instagram. If you have any doubts or queries feel free to drop a comment! Share if you find it helpful.