This post is a continuation of our earlier article where we shared how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram. Unlike the previous article where we were figured out whether or not you are blocked by someone on Instagram, this one will let you know what happens when you block someone on Instagram.
Is someone irritating you a lot with their spammy comments? Or they have been mentioning you on a lot of irrelevant posts? You are no more comfortable sharing your posts with them. Well, the best option you have is to block them from your Instagram account. Now, if you want to know the impact it will have when you block them then follow the content below.
What Happens If I Block Someone On Instagram?
1. Whenever you block anyone on Instagram, that user won’t get any notification to let them know that you have blocked them.
2. The user whom you blocked will be removed as your Instagram follower.
3. As soon as you block an Instagram user, the notifications from that user on your profile will be removed.
4. All the earlier comments and likes(when not blocked) from that user on your posts will disappear.
5. You can search, find and view the Instagram profile you have blocked. If the profile you blocked is public then you can even view their posts. Their profiles can also be visited by tapping on their username which is there in likes and comments on your posts.
6. You cannot like or comment on their photos and videos after blocking them. They are only viewable if the account is public of course.
7. Similar is the case for the person who is getting blocked. Notifications from you will be removed from their profile. Moreover, all your likes and comments on their posts will vanish.
8. The Instagram Direct Conversation with the user you blocked will be removed. But the blocked person will still have it but the chat will under their own username.
If You Block Someone On Instagram Can They Still See Your Pictures?
The tenth point will answer this question of yours.
10. No, the Instagram user you blocked cannot view your photos. Moreover, the user you blocked cannot comment and like your posts as they won’t be able to view them in the first place.
11. Neither you nor the person whom you blocked will be able to send private messages to each other using Instagram Direct.
Now an interesting question.
What Happens If You Block Someone On Instagram Then Unblock Them?
As I mentioned above, you can unblock a user whenever desired. In order to do so, visit the profile you have blocked and tap on Follow. That user will be unblocked automatically. In case, you don’t want to follow them and just want to unblock, then tap on 3 dots on their profile and select Unblock User.
After unblocking them here is what will happen.
1. All the notifications, likes and comments from that user will be restored. The same is true for the person who was blocked.
2. You can like, comment on each other profiles again if you have followed each other.
3. You and the other user can use Instagram Direct to send private messages to each other.
4. You will be to view each other stories depending on the privacy settings.
Here are a couple of more helpful Instagram tutorials for you.
This was all I had to share regarding what happens when you block someone on Instagram. If you have any doubts or queries feel free to drop a comment! Share if you find it helpful.