How to download Instagram Stories of others as well as yours
We have written quite a few tutorials at TechUntold on Instagram Stories since it was launched in August. In this Instagram article, you will learn about a method to save someone else’s Instagram Story photos and videos without taking screenshots. Apart from that, we will also mention about downloading your own Instagram Story which is not a big deal and can be done directly from the app.
Before coming to saving Instagram Stories of friends or users you’re following let us quickly have a look at how to download Instagram Story.
Download Instagram Stories
1. Open your Instagram Story by tapping on your Profile icon on top of feed where Stories are listed or under your Profile.
2. Once your Story is opened, tap on 3 dots at the bottom right.
3. Select Save Photo or Save Video from the list of options.
Similarly, you can download other photos and videos in your story. You can even share Instagram story as a post.
Now, it is time to let you know about saving others Instagram Stories.
Save Others Instagram Stories
To download others Instagram Story photos and videos you need to use Instagram Web. Follow the steps given below to save friends Instagram Stories.
Moreover, this extension can be used to view others Instagram Story without notifying them.
2. After installing Chrome IG story extension on Chrome browser open Instagram.
3. With the help of the extension, the Instagram Stories of the people you follow will be listed on the top of your feed as in Instagram mobile app.
If all of a sudden Chrome IG Story extension stops working for you and the circled icons on top of the feed disappear then do not panic.
It happened to me too but after referring to this Reddit thread, I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it. After reinstalling the extension you will also need to log out and log in to your Instagram account again to make it work again.
4. The stories which you have viewed(from the app) are circled with gray and others are radiant. To save anyone’s Instagram right click on the Instagram story icon of the desired person and Select Download Story.
All the photos/videos in the Story of the selected user will be downloaded as a Zip file. In case you only want specific photos or videos from a story then open the Story by clicking on the story icon of the desired user.
Right click on the photo/video you wish to download and select Save image as…/ Save video as…
We wish that this tutorial helped you to download friends Instagram Stories as well as yours. Share it if you found it helpful. Subscribe to our newsletter to get more Instagram guides delivered to your Inbox.