Here’s how to download another person’s Instagram story – download the Story Saver app on your phone. Log in to the app with your Instagram login info. Select the account with the story you want, then select the story in question and click download to save it to your phone.
Have you ever seen an Instagram story that you loved and had to share, but you couldn’t because they turned off their sharing options, and you didn’t know how to save it?
I understand the struggle. But no worries, I’ve got you covered. Here’s how to save other people’s Instagram stories.
Whether you’re using an Android, iPhone, or your PC, you’ll be able to save and share your favorite Instagram stories with ease.
- 1 6 Ways To Save Other People’s Instagram Stories
- 2 FAQs
- 3 That’s How To Save Other People’s Instagram Stories
6 Ways To Save Other People’s Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories run for 24 hours after posting, so unlike a regular Instagram post, there’s a time limit, and you can’t always go back to it when you need it.
That’s why saving an Instagram story can be a game-changer. Whether it’s a funny meme, great design inspiration, or even a cute video, some things need to be saved.
Using The Story Saver App On Android
One of the best ways to save Instagram stories on Android devices is by using the Story Saver app. It’s a free app that’s available on the Play Store, and it allows for easy download of any Instagram story you want.
- Download and install the Story Saver app on your Android device.
- Once you’ve done that, open the Story Saver app. There you’ll see two options, log in with Instagram and log in with Facebook. Select the first option.
- The app will take you to an Instagram login page, so you can log into your account. This will allow you to view and save the stories directly in the Story Saver app without having to use the actual Instagram app.
- After you’ve logged in, you’ll see a list of accounts with stories available. Simply click on the account with the stories that you want to view.
- Once you’ve selected the account, you’ll be able to view its stories, download, share, or repost them. Select the download option to save the story you want to keep.
- After you’ve saved the story, go to the Story Saver folder in your gallery to view your saved Instagram story.
Using A Screen Recorder On Android
Another great way to save Instagram Stories on your Android device is by using a Screen Recorder. There are tons of great screen recorders for Android on the market, but for this tutorial, I’ve used the Vidma Recorder, which you can download for free from the Play Store.
- Download the Vidma Recorder from the Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- Open the Vidma Recorder and grant it permission to record your device’s screen while you use other apps, as well as access your device’s media, photos, and files.
- Once you’ve authorized Vidma Recorder to record your screen, you’ll see the icon to the right of the screen. Now open the Instagram app and tap the Vidma Recorder icon.
- From the options available, select the recording option, which is an orange circle, to begin recording your screen. You can now view the stories you want to save while the screen recorder is running to record them.
- When you want to stop recording, simply tap the Vidma Recorder icon again and select the orange square to stop the recording.
- Once you’ve stopped recording, your video is automatically saved to your gallery and the Vidma Recorder app will open again, where you will be able to edit or delete it.
Using The Repost Stories App On iPhone
There are many great apps to use to save another person’s Instagram story to your iPhone. For this tutorial, I’ll be using the Repost Stories app, which you can use to save as well as repost someone’s story on Instagram.
- Download the Repost Stories app onto your iPhone from the App Store.
- Open the Repost Stories app and log into your Instagram account. This will allow you to view all the stories of the accounts you follow without having the open the native Instagram app.
- After you’ve logged in, you’ll see a list of all the accounts you follow with active stories. Select the account with the story you want to watch and save.
- Once you’ve selected the account, you will automatically be on the Story tab, however, you can also browse the account’s Profile and feed too. From the Story tab, select the story that you want to download.
- Now that you’ve selected the story you want to save, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the “Share Story” option.
- You’ll then see a pop-up menu with options to choose from, select the “Save to Files” option.
- After you’ve selected the “Save to Files” option, you’ll see a choice between “iCloud Drive” or “Save to Phone.” Select the “iCloud Drive” option and click Add to save the story to your iCloud.
- When you save the images/videos to your iCloud, they aren’t immediately available in your camera roll. If you need to access the saved stories immediately, then open the Files app on your iPhone and select the saved story from your Recents.
- Once you’ve done this, tap the share icon at the bottom left of the screen to bring up the share menu.
- Scroll to the right to find the “Save Image” button and click it to save your downloaded Instagram Story to your camera roll.
Using A Screen Recorder On iPhone
Besides using a dedicated story-saving or reposting app, another way to save someone’s Instagram story on your iPhone is by using a screen recorder. For this tutorial, I’ll be using the Record It!:: Screen Recorder, which is available for free on the App Store.
- Download the Record It!:: Screen Recorder app from the App Store onto your iPhone (it also works on iPads).
- Open the Record It! app and tap the recording button to begin recording your screen.
- Before the app begins recording, you’ll see a pop-up letting you know that the app records everything, including notifications. Below that you’ll see the option “start broadcast,” click it to officially begin your screen recording.
- You’ll see a red bar at the top of your screen which shows that recording is taking place. Now open the Instagram app and select the story you want to view and record.
- Once you’re done recording the story you want, tap the red bar at the top of your screen and a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to stop the screen broadcast. Click stop to end your recording.
- The recording won’t be saved automatically to your camera roll. Instead, it will be saved in the app, where you can edit and share it. If you want to save it to your camera roll, then open the app again and select the “My Recordings” option at the bottom of the screen.
- There you will see all of your screen recordings. Simply click the one you want to edit and export.
- If you don’t want to edit your video and just save it to your camera roll, then tap the “Share” button.
- Afterward, select the “camera roll” option to save the video to your camera roll.
Using A Browser Extension On PC
Mobile devices aren’t the only way to save Instagram stories. You can save Instagram stories on your PC too. One of the ways to do this is by using a browser extension. For this process, I’ll be using the Story Saver extension for Google Chrome.
- Download and install the Story Saver extension from the Google Chrome store.
- Go to Instagram and select the story you want to view and download.
- While viewing the story, click the Story Saver icon in your extension in your toolbar and the story will be downloaded to your desktop.
- The story will be stored in the Downloads folder on your PC. Here’s the story I downloaded using the Story Saver extension:
Using A Screen Recorder On PC
Similar to mobile devices, another way to save others Instagram stories on PC is by using a screen recorder. There are several free screen recorders available for PC, however, for this tutorial, I’ll be using the Xbox Game Bar.
- Go to the Instagram website on your PC using your browser of choice.
- Press the Windows button and the letter “G” together to bring up the Xbox Game Bar, then select the capture option.
- After you’ve clicked the capture option, you’ll see another set of icons to the left of your screen. From that list, select the record option (a white circle) to start recording your screen.
- Now, select the story/stories you want to view to watch them while the Xbox Game Bar is recording your screen.
- When you’re finished, simply end the recording with the stop button (the red circle with the white square) and your recording will be automatically saved in the Captures folder in the Videos folder on your PC.
Can you save an entire Instagram story?
You can save an entire Instagram story. Simply click on your profile icon in the top left corner of your screen, then click the three dots on the bottom right-hand corner. Click the “Save” option and from the two options available select “save story” to save your entire IG story.
Can you save other people's Instagram stories?
You can save other people’s Instagram stories in several ways. Saving still images is the easiest because you can screenshot the image. However, videos usually require the use of an app such as Story Saver or a screen recorder to save the video(s) that have been posted.
Can you save someone else's Instagram live?
You can save someone else’s IG live while it’s happening by using a screen recorder to record the live, including the comments. If the person has made their live available after a broadcast, you can download it using a screen recorder or a story-saving app.
That’s How To Save Other People’s Instagram Stories
How’d you like this article?
To be honest, being able to download Instagram stories is a great way to save a moment you and your friend shared on your story but forgot to save it. If you were wondering how to save someone’s Instagram live videos, downloading them after it’s been made available is also a viable option too.
Whether you’re using an Android, iPhone, or PC, saving someone else’s story with these methods is easy and will only take a couple of minutes, at most.
Be sure to let me know in the comments what you thought of this article and share it with your family and friends!