With a plethora of Email, social media and other accounts it is human to forget the passwords. If this time it is Windows user password that you have forgotten then there is no need to panic. You can follow this easy guide and easily reset forgotten Windows password. The method will work for Windows 7, 8, 10.
Windows allows users to easily reset their password and you might be aware of it. All you need to do is press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on the keyboard at the same time and select Change a password. Unfortunately, the task on our hands is a little bit more complicated than this. This method requires Windows existing/Old password to set a new password. Now, as you have forgotten your current password this method won’t work.
But don’t be disheartened as you can use the method mentioned below to change Windows password even if you have forgotten the old password.
Reset Forgotten Windows Password
1. Right Click on Computer and select Manage.
2. Computer Management window will open. Expand Local Users and Groups on the left sidebar.
3. Select Users under Local Users and Groups.
4. Next, on the right-hand side right click on the Windows user for which you wish to change the password without the old password and select Set Password…
5. On the next pop-up window select Proceed.
6. The next window will only ask you to create and enter the new password and confirm it. Once done, click on Ok.
Success message showing that password is set will appear. Click on Ok.
Yes, you did it. Nowhere in this method, you will be asked for your existing password. So, you can easily change the password of other Users in the same way if you don’t recollect their passwords as well.
We highly recommend Windows users to have a look at the following handpicked tutorials.
We hope that you were able to reset forgotten password on Windows following the above steps. If you found it helpful then share it with your friends to help them too.
Do you know any other good method to reset Windows password without knowing the old password? Share with everyone in the comments.