Do you have a Google Play subscription that you want to cancel but don’t know how?
Paid apps on the Google Play Store have become more common as the years have gone by. While many apps are free, some have premium versions that you can pay for to unlock more features.
If you’ve got a Google Play subscription that you want to cancel, continue reading to learn how to do it.
Canceling Your Google Play Subscription
Google Play Store is Android’s official app store. It’s where you go to download all of your favorite apps, free and paid. Some premium apps require a one-time payment, while others have in-app purchases such as subscriptions that can only be done through the google Play Store.
Most Google Play subscriptions have auto-renew, so they’ll automatically charge your card at the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your auto-renewal for your subscription to pause payments without canceling your subscription.
If you want to stop payments altogether, you need to cancel subscription to the app. This means that you won’t be charged anymore, but you’ll lose access to its premium features.
Here’s how to cancel a subscription via the Google Play Store:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone and tap your profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Ensure you’ve selected the correct Google account before you proceed.
- In the popup menu, tap Payments & subscriptions. This is where you can view all the information about your payment methods and subscriptions for your Google Play account.
- On the next screen, tap Subscriptions to view all of your active and expired subscriptions for your Google Play account.
- The subscription you want to cancel will be under Active subscriptions. Tap whichever active subscription you want to cancel. As you can see below, I’m going to be canceling my Google Play Pass subscription.
- On the next page, you’ll see the billing details for your subscription. Tap Cancel subscription at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you’ll see other plans available to switch to. Since you’re looking to cancel subscription, ignore those and tap Continue cancellation.
- As you continue the cancellation, Google will ask you why you want to cancel. You can select any reason to cancel subscriptions. I chose “I don’t use this service enough.” Once you’ve made your choice, tap Continue.
- After you’ve made your choice, you’ll then be asked to confirm your decision to cancel. Tap Cancel subscription again to do the final confirmation.
- There you have it, you’ve successfully canceled your Google Play Subscription via the Google Play Store app.
Check our video demonstrating how to cancel subscriptions via Google Play:
Can you cancel a subscription through your bank?
You can cancel a subscription through your bank. To do this, you need to give your bank a “stop payment order.” This will stop automatic payments from being charged to your account. You can do this, even if you haven’t removed authorization from the company that’s charging you.
Canceling Google Play Subscription – Wrapping Up
How’d you like this article?
We all have our reasons for paying for a subscription via the Google Play Store. However, when the reason is no longer there, it makes sense to cancel that subscription. Luckily, as you can see, the process is simple and easily replicable for any Google Play subscription you may have.
Whether you’re canceling your subscription to a fitness app, a gaming app, or a video editing app, the process is the same. Just ensure you’re using the correct Google account. With a few taps, you can cancel a subscription and if you want to, you can easily resubscribe to the app later on.
What’s even better is that when you cancel a subscription, you can still use the app with that Google Play account until your subscription period ends.
If you’re looking to learn more things about the Google Play Store then I recommend you learn how to delete your Google Play history. This will help the app run faster and free up some space on your Android device.
If you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, family, and followers so they can learn how to cancel subscriptions on the Google Play app, as well.