YouTube being in the top 3 most used websites has to take care of their user’s health. After Twitter, this time Google has introduced night mode on YouTube to make the viewing of your favorite videos website easier at night or at places with low light. The feature is not yet released for the YouTube app and is still in testing stages for the website. In this quick tutorial, we let you know the steps to turn on YouTube dark(Night) mode on their Website.
As the night mode feature is in the Beta stage you won’t find it directly on the GUI. Having said that, it not that difficult to start using it. Here are the easy steps to get your hands on the Dark mode in YouTube.
Activate and Use YouTube Dark Mode
For now, you can get Dark mode only on Chrome browser. So, if you don’t have it on your computer already(which I highly doubt), YouTube night mode is the best excuse to install it now. If you already have the Chrome browser installed then make sure you are using the latest version.
1. On the Chrome browser visit YouTube website and log in using your credentials.
2. Next, open Developer Tools. There are a few ways you can do so.
- Right click on the YouTube web page and select Inspect.
- Use Shortcut keys – Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows and Command+Option+I on Macbook.
- From the Menu – Click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner and select More Tools followed by Developer tools.
3. In the developer tools window, click on Console tab.
Copy the following code and paste it in the Console tab.
4. Hit Enter and close the developer tools. Reload the YouTube web page.
5. Now, click on your profile picture at the top right corner. You will see a revamped menu with more options compared to what you are used to seeing.
6. In the Menu, you should find Dark Mode which will be Off. Click on it.
7. Finally, toggle Activate Dark Mode to On.
With this, you will see that YouTube will change from white and red color combination to black and white.
You might face that the new menu and the dark mode feature disappears after you restart Chrome. If that is the case then you will have to follow the steps above again to get it back. I didn’t face it personally and even after restarting Chrome I could find the dark mode there.
We hope that you will enjoy this latest feature from YouTube. Let us see when will YouTube release night mode feature officially. If you found this article informational then please share it on social media to let others know about it too.