As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever thought to use or send Instagram Direct message from the computer? Well, if that is your requirement then I have a few solutions for you in this article.
This tutorial will share how to use Instagram Direct on PC or Mac.
If you are looking to send Instagram direct messages from the browser then follow send automated direct messages on Instagram. But this method is better in case you are sending automatic messages and not relevant to having a conversation. So, this post will share how can you have a conversation on Instagram Direct from the computer.
In case you’re totally new to Instagram, you might not know about Instagram Web. Apart from the Instagram app, you can use Instagram from your computer or smartphone browser as well.
Use Instagram Direct On PC, Mac, Or A Laptop
If you’re wondering how to send a DM on Instagram with a PC, you’ll be happy to know that it’s completely possible as of this writing.
Using A Browser (Video)
To access Instagram Direct from your computer, all you need to do is to open the Instagram website via your web browser, where the DM feature is accessible.
If you wish to see the video tutorial, scroll down; here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Open your preferred web browser, like Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
2. Type in https://instagram.com/ in the search bar.
3. You’ll see the login screen. Simply enter your phone number, username, or email address, along with your password in order to access your account.
4. You’re now on the desktop version of Instagram. As you can see, it has most of the features that the mobile app has, including Instagram DM.
5. On the upper right side of the screen, you can see a few icons. Click the second icon, which looks like a right-facing arrow. This will bring you to the Direct Messages screen.
6. And that’s it! You can now send and receive messages on Instagram Direct. To send a message, just click the “Send Message” button.
There are also other options for sending Instagram Direct messages by PC, such as using third-party apps or Instagram’s own desktop app for Windows. Sadly, there’s no Instagram app for Mac yet, so if you own a Mac, you’ll have to use a third-party app if you want to send Instagram DMs without using your browser.
Below, I’ve listed some of the best methods for sending DMs on Instagram, whether you’re on a PC or a Mac.
Check our video tutorial:
Instagram App For Windows 10
Instagram has an app on Windows Store. You can download it to your desktop from here. After you have installed it successfully open it and log in to your Instagram account as you would do on your phone.
When you sign in, you will be able to see your news feed. You can go to the Direct Message folder by clicking on the paper plane icon at the top right corner.
Under that, will be able to see all your conversations. Select the desired one and start chatting.
This method will only work for users who are using Windows 10.
Bluestacks For Windows And Mac
2. Once the download completes, Install the software. It is an easy and straightforward process.
3. On completion of installation click Finish.
4. Wait for a few minutes and let it configure by itself. After that, you will get a welcome screen. Click on Right Arrow.
5. Next, it will ask for a Google id. Enter your Gmail id credentials and proceed forward by clicking on the arrow at the right-hand side.
6. When you’re done with all this setup, a screen similar to the one attached below will appear. Click on Search.
7. Type Instagram in the search bar and click on the Instagram app icon when it shows up.
8. You will be redirected to Play Store. Click on Install.
9. The app will get Installed on your virtual Android device (Bluestacks)
10. After installation finishes, open the app. Click on Login at the bottom of the screen.
11. Enter your Instagram credentials and click Log in.
12. Instagram will open on your PC as it would open in Android app. Click on the Instagram Direct icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Now, enjoy sending Instagram Direct message on the computer.
Bluestacks might not be the best of the solutions but it’s certainly the best FREE way for using DM’s on macOS. If you don’t mind spending a few bucks then you can go for the paid app – “Direct Message for Instagram” on Mac App Store.
For Windows 10 users, using the official app is certainly the best bet.
Can You Access Instagram DM On A Computer?
Yes, you can access Instagram DM on a computer in various ways. You can use the browser version, the official Instagram app for Windows, or other third-party apps.
How To Access Instagram DM On Mac?
The simplest way to access Instagram DM on Mac is by using your browser. However, if you want to use an app, your only choice is a third-party app, as there is currently no official Instagram app for Mac.
Use Instagram On Your PC Or Mac!
It looks like Instagram keeps ramping up the functionality of the web app. For example, did you know that you can post on Instagram from a computer?
Share this article with your friends if you found it useful.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.