Auto-correct is a handy feature to avoid spelling mistakes while writing text messages, iMessage, document, browsing on Safari and whatnot. But let’s face it that it is not so convenient as it seems when we are communicating or writing in our local language. The feature automatically converts the word into closest possible English word which is no way close to what you meant. This is where users might want to disable auto-correction. To help you with that we have listed steps to turn off autocorrect on iPhone and Mac in this tutorial.
Even though autocorrect makes life easier while typing out an Email or a message but if it’s not working out for some reason or the other then you can easily disable it using the official settings.
Disable Autocorrect on iPhone or iPad
1. Open Settings and select General.
2. Under General tap on Keyboard.
3. In Keyboards settings screen toggle Auto-Correction switch to OFF.
With this, you can type on your iOS device without worrying about autocorrect.
Recommended: Enable Transliteration Keyboard in iOS
Let’s now move on to the procedure for MacBook.
Turn Off Autocorrect on Mac
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left of the screen and select System Preferences…
2. Select Keyboard in System Preferences.
3. Now, select Text tab under Keyboard settings dialog box.
4. Finally, uncheck the box that says Correct Spelling automatically and close the window.
That’s all you need to do. The autocorrect will be disabled for iMessage, Word, Safari and in any typing application you can imagine.
If at any point of time you wish to enable auto-correct again then you can do so from the same location for iOS and Mac respectively.
We hope that you were able to get rid of autocorrect on your Mac or iOS device. If you face any issues then let us know by dropping a comment below.