With iOS 11, Apple completely revamped the Control Center on iPhone/iPad. It is now possible to customize the controls which means you can add or remove the options you would like to have in Control Center. As many of you might already know that using iPhone’s 3D touch on the controls you can access quick actions but that’s not only limited to 3d touch with iOS 11. And because of that now users with older iPhone’s – 5, 5s or 6 can also adjust flashlight intensity. In this guide, we share how you can change flashlight brightness on iPhone even if it doesn’t support 3d touch.
At times, you would like to dim the flashlight as the default intensity is too high for a particular place or situation. You can easily do so if you are on iOS 11. Let’s get to the steps.
Change Flashlight Brightness On iPhone/iPad
Most importantly you need to make sure that you have added Flashlight to the Control Center. If the Flashlight isn’t there then you can add it by heading over to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls > Add Flashlight.
After you have the Flashlight in the Control Center then follow the steps below.
- Bring up Control Center by swiping upwards from the bottom of the screen. If you own an iPhone X then you will have to swipe downwards from the top right.
- Now, tap on the Flashlight icon to turn it on.
- After that, long press(iPhone 6 or older) or 3d touch on the Flashlight icon.
- Next, slide down to lower the flashlight intensity. It has 4 brightness levels. Select the desired one.
- Tap anywhere outside of the icon to save the changes and go back.
The next time you turn on the flashlight it will glow at the intensity you selected above. You can always adjust it whenever desired by using the same steps.
Also Read: How To Show Reminders And Calendar Events Together In iPhone
We hope that you were able to adjust flashlight brightness on your iPhone or iPad. In case you face any issue then hit us up in the comments below.