If you are not able to see Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot feature in Settings App on your iPhone then this tutorial is a perfect cure. As here I will share with you how I fixed Personal Hotspot missing issue on my iPhone. After following the procedure in this article, you will get back the Personal Hotspot feature.
Yesterday, my Wi-Fi network was really sluggish. It was then when I thought of using Cellular data as a personal hotspot. But on opening the Settings App I couldn’t find Personal Hotspot feature which is usually present just below Cellular option.
I was sure that it is not an iOS specific problem as I had used Personal Hotspot on my iPhone in iOS 10 before. So, the solution I am going to share is valid for all iOS versions and any iPhone.
Personal Hotspot Missing on iPhone [Solution]
After thinking and searching for a while, I got the reason behind this issue.
Reason behind Missing Personal Hotspot on iOS
Personal Hotspot requires an APN(Access point Name) to be set on the iPhone to work. A few days back I switched my network. Therefore, the APN went missing and so did Personal Hotspot.
Follow the steps given below to set the APN for Cellular network on iPhone.
1. Open Settings app and Select Cellular.
2. Under Cellular, select Cellular Data Options.
3. Next, select Cellular Data Network.
4. Now enter your Network APN in APN field under Cellular Data and Personal Hotspot(at the bottom).
If you don’t know your network APN. Then do a Google search for “network name” APN. Or else you can even call network support.
5. After entering the APN, tap one the backward arrow at the top left.
6. Restart the Settings app.
Close the settings app by pressing the Home button twice and swiping up the Settings app tp kill it.
Now, Open the Settings app.
7. Select Cellular. Toggle Cellular Data to On. Tap on the Settings at the top left corner to go back to Settings.
There you go! You will see Personal Hotspot where it is supposed to be as shown below.
For me, the above steps above worked like a charm. But if you still don’t get it then you can try restarting your iPhone. If it still doesn’t work then go for a hard reset by pressing the Lock button and Home button together for 10 seconds. And then start the iPhone again.
We recommend you go through the solutions to the following iPhone issues as well.
1. How To Stitch Photos Together On iPhone
2. How to get missing Batteries widget
We wish that you were able to get back the missing Personal Hotspot on your iPhone. Do share this article if you found it helpful. Drop a comment if you face any issues.