If you are worried about anyone stalking your Facebook account then there is no need to bother as different Account Settings in Facebook allows you to make Facebook private from Public or friends. This article at TechUntold will solve all your problems on Facebook regarding your privacy and visibility of your content(Photos, Profile Pictures, Posts, Status, Friends) to the public. Here in this article, we will let you know about all the settings you need to configure to make Facebook completely private from public.
How To Make Facebook Private
Here we will list out all the different settings you need to make and let you know how to make Facebook completely private to non-friends.
1. Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings. Under Settings Select Privacy. Here on the right-hand side of the screen, you need to change the following settings under Who can see my Stuff? :
- Change Who can see your future posts to Friends by clicking on Edit and changing to Friends from Public.
- In order to make your past posts private from Public click on Limit Past Posts and select Limit Old posts and Confirm. After confirming click Close and your settings will be saved.
2. Under Who can look me up? make the following settings :
- Change Who can look you up using the email address you provided? to Friends by the same procedure as above(click on Edit in front of it and change it Friends and Click Close to Save the Setting)
- Similarly, change Who can look you up using the Phone number you provided? to Friends.
- Change the Setting Do you want other search engines to link to your Timeline? to No. Click on Edit and uncheck the checkbox Let other search engines link to your timeline and click Confirm. Click Close to save the Settings.
Your settings should look like this now as shown in the image below:
3. On completing with Privacy now Select Timeline and Tagging. Change the following settings under Who can add things to my timeline? :
- Change Who can post on your Timeline? to Only Me.
- Enable Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your Timeline by clicking on Edit and changing it to Enabled from Disabled.
After this your settings should look like as shown in image below :
4. After finishing with Timeline and Tagging select Followers. Change Who can Follow me? to Friends from Everyone.
5. Follow this link to make friends on Facebook private – How To Hide Friends List From Certain Or All Friends on Facebook.
6. Now let’s hide your personal information.
- Visit your Profile Page on Facebook and select About.
- In About Section Select Contact and Basic Info. Hover your cursor on Birth Date. Click on Globe Icon(which symbolizes your information is visible to Public) or People icon(which symbolizes your information is visible to your friends) and change it to Only Me. Click on Save Changes.
Similarly, you can change other Settings like Contact Information and others and make them private and not visible to public or non friends.
ALSO READ: 5 Most Interesting Facebook Facts
7. In order to make your profile picture private from Public go to your Profile Page and click on your Profile picture. On the right-hand side of the screen under your Name click on globe icon or people icon and change it to Only me to make your profile picture completely private even private for the people who are friends with you. Choose Friends if you want to make it visible to your friends.
So these were the settings you need to make to make your Facebook account private. We wish that we listed down all the settings to let you know how to make Facebook completely private from public. Do let us know if this helped you making your Facebook account completely private except for friends. Also, share any other setting which might be missing.