We all know that Selfie and Emoji are the most popular terms in the digital domain, especially in the smartphone sphere. Ever thought of mixing them together? Yes, you heard it right. With the help of some apps available on the Play Store and App Store, you can literally turn your selfie or in this case any photo on your Android phone or iPhone into an Emoji.
It’s really fun to turn yourself into Emoji. You can impress your friends and colleagues by sharing your personal emojis with them. So, sit back and relax as this article is going to guide you through the step by step process to convert existing image into emoji.
Suggested Read: How To Type Emojis On PC And Mac
Convert Image Into Emoji
The app that we are going to use is Mirror. It is a free app available on both the Play Store and the App Store. We are using an Android device but you can also use an iPhone in the same way as the steps are similar in both cases.
The best thing about this app is that it not only lets you make a custom emoji but also has an option of creating an emoji from an existing photo present in Gallery.
- Go to Mirror on Play Store or Mirror on App Store depending on your device and install the Mirror app.
- Once the app is installed, open it. A page saying Mirror’s User Agreement will appear. Check the agree box to accept the Terms and conditions and tap on Next.
- After that, your phone’s camera will open. Now, you can take a selfie or you can choose an image from your device by tapping on the File/Gallery Icon as shown in the screenshot.
Note: While using the app it may ask you for permission to use your phone’s camera and contacts. You can simply tap on allow so that the app can run properly.
4. Choose an image of your choice by tapping on it.
5. Once the image is selected, the app will make a digital avatar of that image. You can edit the Hair, Glasses, Hat, Beard and more. If you are satisfied with your avatar you can tap on Next.
6. Now the app will ask you to invite friends or install Mirror keyboard. You can skip these options as these are not mandatory.
Note: We don’t recommend installing the Mirror Keyboard as it can record what you type, for example, your password, credit card number, and bank details.
7. Now, once your emojis are ready, you can share all the awesome emojis with your avatar on WhatsApp, Email, Facebook and more with your friends and family.
8. You can tap on any emoji of yours to discover other sharing options. You can also save the image in your device storage.
There’s one more app called Bobble Indic Keyboard available on the Play Store. This app is also very good for creating your own personal emojis but is mainly developed for Indian users.
Benefits Of Using The Emojis
Before we conclude it’s necessary to know the benefits of using the emojis while texting online.
- No Language Barrier – Yes, the first benefit of using emoticons has to be this. There are over 6000 languages spoken in the world but the language of the emojis is the same throughout.
- Makes Texting Fun – Ever had a long chat with friends without using emojis? I think the answer would be NO. That’s because emojis make even a boring conversation interesting.
- Increases Engagement – People hardly notice plain text, even if it is having some great information. But a text with emojis attracts more eyeballs because it looks good at the front.
Android and iOS come pre-loaded with their own sets of emojis but they are limited in quantity. Sometimes they are not enough to express our feelings and emotions to their fullest. But, after reading this article, you will not fall short of emojis as you have your own set of emojis now. Mirror is a great app for those who are looking for some fun with emojis. We highly recommend this app to our readers.