Emojis are now considered to be the companions of sentences and sometimes alternatives as well. These colorful tiny images not just save time and help us present our expressions, but also the receiver doesn’t misunderstand the text. It’s very common to send Emojis on phone but do you want to send emojis from a computer as well? Using emojis on your desktop will prevent the messages and comments from getting monotonous. In this article, we will explain how you can make emojis on a computer – Windows PC or Mac.
For this, you don’t have to download anything as the emoji keyboard is available on your desktop itself. If you want more options then we have covered them as well. Now then, let’s begin.
Also Read: How To Create Emoji From Photo
How To Type Emoji On Windows 8/10 PC
1. Click on the ‘Notification icon‘ at the bottom right side on the taskbar.
2. From the appeared menu, click on ‘Tablet mode‘.
3. The taskbar will change. Click on the ‘keyboard icon‘ on the right side.
4. Tap on the ‘emoji icon‘ at the bottom of the keyboard.
5. Now you can type or make any emoji from the hundreds of emojis available there.
This was the easiest method to get Emoji on your Windows PC. For Mac users, the process is simpler than this. There are two methods to get the emoji keyboard on Mac. One has steps and the other is a shortcut.
Also Read: How To Search File Contents In Windows
How To Make And Send Emoji On MacBook
1. Go to the text field where you wish to type the emoji and click on ‘Edit‘ in the menu bar.
2. Then click on ‘Emoji & Symbols’.
3. You will see the emoji panel on your screen. Select preferred emojis.
You can also get an emoji keyboard on Mac by using the keyboard shortcuts. Go to the text field and press Command + Control + Spacebar at the same time on your keyboard. Find all the emojis by scrolling down.
Bonus Tips To Get Emoji On Computer
Windows 7 does not support the tablet mode and hence if you are using Windows 7 on your desktop then you cannot use the method shown above to type emoticons on it. Therefore we have come up with the bonus tips to type emoticons on the computer. The good thing is that these methods work on every version of Windows and Mac, so if the earlier method didn’t work for you then you can follow these alternatives.
Emoji Extension For Google Chrome
1. Open the Chrome browser on your desktop. Now install Emoji Keyboard extension on your browser by clicking on Add to Chrome.
2. As soon as you install this plug-in on your browser you will see an emoji icon at the top right corner. Click on this icon to open emojis.
3. Now type the message in the text box and select an emoji. Once your message is ready, copy it and paste it anywhere you want by pressing Ctrl+V.
Get Emojis From Websites
2. Now select any of your favorite Emoji by clicking on it. Once the Emoji is selected copy and paste it wherever you want.
Note: While copying an emoji it may show like a rectangular box, but when you send the message, it will show as an Emoji itself.
So after going through this article, typing and sending emojis from the computer will be an easy task for you. Now use your computer and chat with your friends as you do on your phone using Emojis. If you liked what we shared with you then do forward this article to your friends and surprise them as well. In case you face any issues in getting the emojis, you can tell us in the comments below.