Did you ever wanted to create a checklist on the Notes iOS app for something and at the same time get others involved in it? I faced such situation a few days back when my sister and I were creating the list of food items required for a house party in the Notes app. She created the note and shared it with me collaboratively so that the changes/additions/modifications I make will be reflected in the same note. If you too have a familiar situation then this tutorial is for you. Here we will let you know how to use collaborative notes on iPhone for sharing a note with multiple people to work on it at the same time.
Collaborative Notes on iPhone for Multiple People to Work on it At the Same time
Collaborative notes share the same note with others and not just a copy of it. It is like multiple people working on the same note. To create collaborative notes on your iOS device follow the steps below.
1. Launch the stock iOS Notes app on your iOS device.
2. Create a new note if you haven’t created one already or open the existing one which you want to share.
3. Next, tap on the (person with a plus symbol) icon at the top right to the left of share icon.
4. On the next screen, select the medium you think will be convenient for the person to receive the note invitation link. In my case, I select WhatsApp.
5. Now, enter users Email id or phone number with whom you wish to share the Note and tap on Continue at the top right of the screen.
6. This will open the app screen you chose in the 4th step above to finally share the link. Select the desired contact and send the link to them.
That’s all there is to it!
If the user accepts the invitation they will be able to access and edit the note. The changes they make to the note can be seen by you and the modifications you make will be updated in the note in their app.
Please note that only the owner or creator of the note can add people to the note.
Also, Collaborative notes will only work for users who have an iCloud account.
Suggested Read: How to Lock Notes on iPhone or iPad With Password/Touch ID
We hope you were able to use collaborative notes on iPhone and able to share the same note with multiple users for working on it at the same time.
If you found the tutorial helpful then please share it on social media. In case of any queries please use the comments section below.