As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When someone wants to become an Instagram user, they have two options to create their profile. Either signup by entering all your details manually or directly via Facebook. When you signup via Facebook, all the details will be automatically picked up from your Facebook account to create your Instagram profile. But what about the password? Does it pick up the Facebook password? Let’s see what is your Instagram password in this case and how you can change Instagram password when logged in via Facebook.
What is your Instagram password when you sign up using Facebook?
When you login via Facebook to Instagram, the necessary information is fetched from Facebook to fill up the profile. But the password is not created in this case.
Then how to sign in to Instagram account without using Facebook?
As there is no password for your Instagram account when you signup through Facebook, then what will happen when you want to login to your Instagram account without using Facebook.
In that case, you need to create a password.
Note: If you are signing up using desktop then you will be asked to create the password before creating your Instagram account.
I personally faced this issues when I tried creating an Instagram account using Facebook. I come across this problem on Android device, however, I checked with the iOS device and the same solution is working perfectly. Let’s take a look.
Create/Change Instagram Password When Logged in Via Facebook
The procedure & screenshots shown in the steps to create the password of Instagram account is from Android device. Follow the steps and you will be able to get the password in no time.
1) Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device & do not login. If you are already logged in then log out of your Instagram account.
2) Now, on sign-in screen, tap on the “Forgot your login details?” option.
3) Next, tap on the “Use Username or Email”.
4) Here you need to enter the username of your Instagram account and tap on the arrow icon at top right. This will find your account.
5) Choose “Send an Email” option. As soon as you tap, it will send you a link to your registered email id which was picked from Facebook.
6) Open your email account and find the link from Instagram to reset the password.
7) Tap on the link. It will ask you to enter a new password and confirm the password. Enter a strong password for better security of your account.
That’s it. You have your Instagram account password ready with you.
Now you can anytime login to your Instagram account without the need to login via Facebook. If you face any issue while achieving the solution, do let me know via comments.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.