Having a hard time figuring out the song playing in a cafe? Well, Shazam is here to help. Shazam is a service that identifies a song played near you. Now, you don’t have to download an additional app just to recognize the songs as you can do that with the help of Snapchat. If you use Snapchat for it’s amazing filters and editing options then here’s one more reason to love it even more. Shazam is integrated with Snapchat and it is possible to find songs within Snapchat. Follow this tutorial to know how to Shazam a song on Snapchat for Android and iPhone.
It is also possible to send Shazam snap to someone in a chat after it identifies the song. You don’t need an account on Shazam to use this feature in Snapchat. So, let’s dive right in.
Shazam a Song On Snapchat
The method is same for both Android and iOS app. In this article, we have used screenshots from iPhone.
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone.
- While you are on the Camera screen press and hold anywhere on the screen when the song is playing.
- This will activate Shazam in the background. It will look for the sounds and scan them to produce a result. When it recognizes the song a new dialog window will appear.
- It shows the name of the track with options to view Song Info and sharing it with other via chat.
- Tap on Send if you wish to send it to your friends. Select the desired friends and tap on the right arrow icon.
iOS users can even use Siri to identify songs. Siri also uses Shazam to achieve that.
Edit Shazam on Snapchat Before Sending
- In case you want to edit the Shazam snap before sharing then tap on Song Info.
- You can swipe up to listen to the song within Snapchat. But right now we are interested in editing the snap. So long tap anywhere on the screen and tap on the pencil icon.
- Now, you can add text, Bitmoji, filters etc. and share the Shazam with others.
Snapchat also allows you to view your Shazam history. Here’s how.
View Shazam History on Snapchat
- Go to the Snapchat Camera screen and swipe downwards or tap on the ghost icon/Bitmoji at the top left corner.
- Next, tap on the cog icon at the top right corner to go to Settings.
- In Settings, you should find Shazam under My Account.
- The next screen will show you all the songs you have Shazamed.
- If desired you can send it to your friends from here later. Tap on any song and long press on the next screen.
- Select the pencil icon. Edit the snap and send.
The only limitation, for now, is that it is not possible to post Shazam as a Story.
We hope that you were able to use Shazam on Snapchat. Did you find it useful? Share your thoughts in comments below.