Even though Snapchat is quite fun with all of its stupendous face filters but that doesn’t stop us from using other apps like Instagram or Facebook. Editing features like adding text, emoji’s, Bitmoji, drawing etc. along with the filters makes Snapchat stand out. This might tempt you to add filters to your photo using Snapchat and then share it on other apps with your friends or followers. But the issue you might be facing is that on using the download icon on the Snap, the photo or video is saved in the app Memories folder and not on the smartphone. To help you out, in this tutorial we mention how to save snaps to Camera Roll or Gallery instead of Memories.
We will be using steps and screenshots from the iPhone app but the method is similar for Android.
Save Snaps To Camera Roll or Gallery Instead of Memories
1. Open Snapchat on your phone and on the Camera screen tap on the Ghost icon or Bitmoji(if you have one) at the top left corner.
2. Next, tap on the gear icon at the top right corner.
3. This will take you to the Settings screen. Here you should find Memories under My Account section. Tap on it.
4. Under Memories tap on Save To… in Saving.
5. Now, either you can select Memories & Camera Roll or Camera Roll Only. As the name suggests on selecting the first option the snaps will be saved to both Memories and Camera Roll while they will be saved only to your phone on choosing the second one.
Make the desired choice and you’re done.
Now, when you tap the download icon on your snaps before or after uploading they will be saved to Gallery or Camera Roll.
Also Read: How To Use Face Swap On Snapchat
So, now you can easily edit your photos or videos in Snapchat and save them to your smartphone for sharing elsewhere.