Do you have a new iPhone and wonder how to easily get to the home screen without the home button? Or are you wondering about how to rearrange your home pages to better suit you?
Going to the home screen on your iPhone is easy even without a home button. Read my guide on how to go to the home page on your iPhone and learn how to make the most of it.
- 1 How To Return To The Home Screen On iPhone
- 2 More Tips And Tricks for Home Screen
- 3 Video With Home Screen Tips And Tricks
- 4 FAQs
- 5 How To Go To Your iPhone Home Page – Wrapping Up
How To Return To The Home Screen On iPhone
If you’ve purchased one of the more current Apple devices, such as the iPhone X or later, or the 2018 iPad Pro or later, you’ll notice the removal of the home button.
This might have you wondering how you can easily return to the home page. After all, these Apple Devices had a button before and it made things pretty easy.
However, even with the removal of the button, you can still access your main screen with ease. It’s intuitive and there’s not as much of a learning curve as people would think.
If you’re in an app, it’s quite easy to exit and go straight to the main home screen, even without the home button. Here’s how it’s done:
- To exit a current app, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- This action returns you to the home page that you were previously on, but this is not necessarily the main home screen. To return to the primary home screen, swipe up again from the bottom of the screen.
- There you have it, you’ve successfully returned to the home page with a few swipes up from the bottom of the screen.
Here’s a demonstration showing you how to go to the home page with a swipe:
More Tips And Tricks for Home Screen
How To Switch Between Home Screens
If your iPhone’s home page is filled with multiple apps, it’ll automatically create a new page for new apps. This can allow you to create dedicated pages for different apps, such as a new page for self-development apps, entertainment apps, or music apps such as the best piano apps.
Switching between these pages is pretty easy and is similar to switching between two apps.
- Swipe right to view your other home pages.
- To return to the main screen, swipe left until you’re there or swipe up like in the step above.
How To Rearrange Home Screen Pages On iPhone
Another great thing about iPhones is that you can rearrange home pages. The process is fairly simple and allows you to customize the order of these pages. Here’s how it’s done:
- First, touch and hold a space on your iPhone to enter jiggle mode. This is where you can easily uninstall apps and rearrange them.
- Afterward, click the black bar with the row of dots that represent your home pages.
- Next, in the home screen grid that shows up, touch and drag a page to put it in its desired position.
- Lastly, when you’re finished, click Done in the top right corner of the screen and then Done again to exit jiggle mode.
How To Delete Home Screen Pages On iPhone
In addition to rearranging your home pages, you can also delete them as well. This means you can choose just how many pages you have on your iPhone. Some people opt for a lot of pages and others, not so much.
Here’s how to do it:
- Touch and hold a space on your iPhone to enter jiggle mode.
- Tap the black bar with the row of dots that are used to represent your home pages.
- Next, you’ll see a home screen grid appear. Click the tick under the page that you want to delete.
- Afterward, hit the minus icon in the top left corner of the page to delete it from your iPhone.
- You’ll see a pop-up window asking you if you want to remove this page, hit Remove to confirm the action.
- When you’re finished, tap Done in the top right corner of your screen and then hit Done again to exit jiggle mode.
When you delete a home screen page, all the apps that were on that page are not deleted and instead remain in the App Library. If you want them on your home screen again, you’d need to drag them out of the App Library to do so.
How To Go Back On iPhone
iPhones, unlike Androids, don’t have a dedicated back button. This can seem strange, especially if you’re an Android user who has recently switched over to iPhone.
If that’s the case, then you can easily tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen to return to the last page.
This will allow you to go back to the previous page you were on. Granted, its presentation varies from page to page but its function is the same.
How To Open Your iPhone With Apple Watch
For Newer Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads, the removal of the home button has resulted in the use of Face ID. It’s a great way to quickly open your iPhone and use it with ease. However, it can be difficult to use Face ID if your face is obscured by a mask.
Apple realized this issue and made a way to easily unlock your iPhone using your Watch while you’re in a mask.
Before you begin, ensure that your iOS is up to date. In addition to this, check to make sure that Face ID is turned on, and that your Apple Watch has a passcode as well as wrist detection activated.
- To begin the process, your Watch needs to be unlocked and on your wrist.
- Afterward, open Settings on your iPhone, tap Face ID and passcode and enter your iPhone’s passcode.
- Scroll down to Unlock with Watch and then toggle it on.
- Once it’s activated, you’ll be able to open your iPhone’s lock screen with your Watch.
Here’s a video showing you how to open your iPhone’s lock screen with your Apple Watch:
Video With Home Screen Tips And Tricks
Watch our video to see the above steps in action:
How Do I Get iPhone Home Screen Without Button?
You can get to the iPhone home screen without a button by swiping up on your screen. iPhone X and later don’t have a button to return to the home screen but you can easily use the swipe feature to return to the home screen with ease.
How To Go To Your iPhone Home Page – Wrapping Up
What’d you think of this article?
As you can see, going to the iPhone home screen requires a simple gesture and is easy to do even without a home button. If you do miss the button and want another way to return to the home screen, you can use the iPhone assistive touch feature.
The ability to customize your home pages, rearrange them, and delete them is not something unique to Apple, but doing so on iPhone does offer a satisfying feel.
One of the things I love about iPhones is how easy they are to use and how the App Store allows you to access a wide variety of apps. There are great apps for writers, these can help you streamline your workflow – I use a few!
In addition to writing apps and time tracking apps, I also recommend using a few habit tracking apps too. These come in handy if you want to learn a new skill such as playing the ukelele. Apps like these are what makes the iPhone the iPhone and are a great way to make the most of it.
So while the removal of the button might be quite a bit of an adjustment, the full-screen display offers its flair with current iPhones. Be sure to ask any questions you may have below and share this article with your friends, family, and followers.