Are you facing a hard time while reading text on your iOS device? It might be possible that the text in messages, calls or other apps like WhatsApp, Instagram or news apps is not properly readable to you. If you are not happy with the default text size then iOS does provide an option to increase the text size and/or even make it bold for proper readability. In this tutorial, we will take you through how you can bold text on iPhone or iPad. In the process, you will also learn how to adjust text size.
Make Text Bold On iOS For Easy Reading
Note: The screenshots used in this article are from iPhone 6 running on iOS 11.2.1.
Now, let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?
1. Open Settings app on your device from the Home screen.
2. In Settings tap on Display & Brightness.
3. Here, you will see a toggle button for Bold Text. Enable it.
4. It will ask for a restart to apply the changes. Accept it by tapping on Continue.
When your iPhone/iPad restarts you will be able to see all the text in bold. App names, app text like messages in Messages app & WhatsApp, username & captions will be bold on Instagram and similarly, it will take its effect in other supported places. Here’s a screenshot showing the bold text on various screens and apps.
If the bold text doesn’t make things easier for you then you can even increase or decrease the font size. Here’s how.
Adjust Text Size On iPhone
- After the step 2 above, you need to tap on Text Size.
- On the next screen, use the slider to increase or decrease the size. Depending on the slider’s position you will be able to preview the text size at the top.
- When you’re satisfied tap on Display & Brightness at the top left.
You can always revert to default settings from the same place by disabling Bold Text and restoring the default font size.
Also Read: How To Mirror Or Flip Photos On iPhone/iPad
Bold Text On iPhone
As you can see you can either make the text bold or increase text size or even do both at the same time if need be. Following these easy steps, you can get rid of any issues you might face while reading text on your iPhone. Do you use your iPhone by changing the default text settings? If yes, then do you find it helpful. Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below.